Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Upgraded SC kits - Good or bad for racing? >

Upgraded SC kits - Good or bad for racing?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgraded SC kits - Good or bad for racing?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 01:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Well the thing is that most people have a friend who races and decides to check it out. If he thinks its pretty cool and something he could be interested in, he will go out and buy just the basics of what he needs to get started. This is where your RTR's play a factor. This will get him racing and building up his driving skills. Most people will also upgrade as they go. Now once a new kit comes out that he takes a liking to, he will more than likely buy that race kit, and transfer what he needs for the kit from his previous rig. Thats how it works out here anyways.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

To win races your dont need a 350$ radio. a 100$ radio does the same job
To win races you dont need multiple lipo packs. just one, and i question wether or not a 100$ pack is better then my 20-30$ pack.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:22 PM
Tech Elite

Bottom line is that we as a hobby need to figure out how to get new people involved in racing. My track has the same 50 people that are always there and then there are probably 20 who are off again on again (I'm in that category) and then the occasional new person. Of the same 50, I can think of 20-30 people who used to be in that category who quit racing.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:42 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

It's really up to the tracks to make sure there is a place for the newcomers to fit in. Call it novice/stock/spec. or whatever. If the only place/class you have for them is running with guys who have 3 grand worth of stuff sitting on thier table (add it up sometime) it can be a big turn off. It's racing, big or small at one point or another it's all about how much you can spend like it or not.

That's my $.02......anybody got change for a dollar
Old 09-10-2010, 11:31 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by racer1812
It's really up to the tracks to make sure there is a place for the newcomers to fit in. Call it novice/stock/spec. or whatever. If the only place/class you have for them is running with guys who have 3 grand worth of stuff sitting on thier table (add it up sometime) it can be a big turn off. It's racing, big or small at one point or another it's all about how much you can spend like it or not.

That's my $.02......anybody got change for a dollar
Our track is much like yours with very few new people.

Does anyone race at a place where there is a steady influx of new racers? What would work to keep new people coming in and giving it a try so we can continue to grow the hobby?