Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is a good 4wd buggy rtr?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 01:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default What is a good 4wd buggy rtr?

hey wanted to know what is a good 4wd buggy ready to run? I plan on racing on dirt track. Want something decent and ready to go. I was told maybe kyosho but not sure whats good or bad
Old 08-29-2010, 01:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Buy a used B44 that already has electronics. Ready to runs are nearly (always) pretty crappy for racing. Somebody thats selling a B44 usually has it setup not to mention it was designed for racing.

Shameless bump here, but my buddy is selling a b44 thats nearly race ready. If you have a futaba transmitter with fasst 3pk, 3pm, 4pk ect. You are all set. Or you could just ask for it without the receiver and use your own receiver and transmitter.

Right here:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-b44-sale.html
Old 08-29-2010, 01:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Caster has a great new buggy coming out. And you can get it RTR
Old 08-29-2010, 01:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

anything out now? one guy at the track runs a kyosho rtr buggy but they look huge for 1/10. How are they?
Old 08-29-2010, 04:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

Thunder Tiger has a 4wd RTR brushless and 2.4 buggy out. It's a TC3 chassis with different arms and towers. It's very friendly on the wallet but I've never driven one so can't tell you how it is. Thunder Tiger owns Associated though so it can't be TOO bad.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:59 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

If you plan to race with it, Kyosho really is the only "race" quality RTR 4wd right now. 4wd and RTR really aren't common unless you want a basher.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

A RTR 4wd is really non-existent. The RTR Kyosho ZX5 needs to be upgraded with CVD's at least. The Tamiya Durga is a decent car but it only comes with a motor that you wouldn't use and that needs a ton of upgrades. Not sure about the new Caster buggy.
I think you would be better off buying a race quality 4wd kit, because if you buy a RTR and then buy all of the upgrades you will end up spending more money than if you would have just bought the race kit. All of the 4wd buggies have their likes and dislikes so get one that you can easily get parts for and set-up help at your local track. If you buy a used 4wd you should get the instruction manual and rebuild the car so you know it's right.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:17 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chimer
A RTR 4wd is really non-existent. The RTR Kyosho ZX5 needs to be upgraded with CVD's at least. The Tamiya Durga is a decent car but it only comes with a motor that you wouldn't use and that needs a ton of upgrades. Not sure about the new Caster buggy.
I think you would be better off buying a race quality 4wd kit, because if you buy a RTR and then buy all of the upgrades you will end up spending more money than if you would have just bought the race kit. All of the 4wd buggies have their likes and dislikes so get one that you can easily get parts for and set-up help at your local track. If you buy a used 4wd you should get the instruction manual and rebuild the car so you know it's right.
I agree, I only mentioned the Kyosho because it the closest you'll find not that it's 100% race ready.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
I agree, I only mentioned the Kyosho because it the closest you'll find not that it's 100% race ready.
Yeah, the Kyosho would be the closest to being RTR. It's a nice car after you do the obvious upgrades.
I just bought a Schumacher Cat SX2 and it's great. The only downfall is I have to order parts from A Main Hobbies instead of getting them at my local hobby shop.