Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
RC Company Commercials?? >

RC Company Commercials??

RC Company Commercials??

Old 08-27-2010, 06:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default RC Company Commercials??

How come big name brand RC companies don't have commercials? I'm sure they could get more people into it if they had some.
Old 08-27-2010, 06:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I wish they did. Would like to see some RC racing on TV as well.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Traxxas runs commercials from time to time during the torc races. Jammin also has a really cheasy commercial though I've only seen it on YouTube. I'm glad to see that short course racing has given rc manufacturers the chance to promote them selfs in full size racing. Some companies are using that as a springboard to promote in other series. Kyosho, and a number of other manufacturers, have made their way into motorcycle racing. As I type this, Kyle bush is leading the nascar truck series race in a traxxas sponsored truck.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

from a business standpoint, television commercials are very costly.

Most RC manufacturers dont really have the revenues necessary to support large capital expendetures required for marketing of that type. RC manufacturers advertise with magazines, and some creative manufacturers are trying to advertise their products in 1:1 motorsports such as associated and traxxas in TORC racing and HPI in Drifting and Road Racing events.

I was at the Formula D competition last week in Las Vegas, and HPI setup a demonstration area where people could play with thier RTR drift RC car that looked exactly like one of the major competition cars.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

ok
Old 08-29-2010, 02:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by K_Spec_RC
As I type this, Kyle bush is leading the nascar truck series race in a traxxas sponsored truck.
DOES THIS MEAN THEY'RE BRINGING BACK THE SPIRIT???

ooooooooh god ThunderbirdJunkie hopes so.

SPIRIT
VXL
VELINEON ON 6S
YEAH BUDDY
Old 01-08-2011, 11:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Did anyone see the Traxxas commercial during the AMA Supercross race tonight?
Old 01-08-2011, 11:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Yes I did! It was pretty good.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by D-Rek07
Did anyone see the Traxxas commercial during the AMA Supercross race tonight?
Old 01-09-2011, 02:42 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Team Associated had a commercial on during the Lucas Offroad race yesterday.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:31 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by AS350Pilot
Team Associated had a commercial on during the Lucas Offroad race yesterday.
+1 you see the sc10 kicking up dirt from all 4 TIRES Or was it a sc8??????
Old 01-09-2011, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

I'm thinkin' SC8 - got one the same color in my basement!!!

And the cross marketing of product that both Traxxas (pioneer) and Associated are doing is hopefully gong to bring us more racers!

At that point, it's up to US, the experienced racers and track owners to nurture, encourage and protect the newcomers in the hope that they 'stick' and become racers!

Track owners can help themselves AND this process by creating newbie (and honestly this likely means SHORT COURSE) friendly tracks. Tracks that have 'challenges' that can be accomplished by newcomers, 'cause let's face it, the majority of us on here are experienced (or getting to be experienced) racers. A track doesn't have to be 'easy' to be challenging for all levels and all types of vehicles! Width helps because wide tracks are less intimidating to new racers and it provides passing room - win/win! Track owners also need to seek the help of experienced racers; to lead by example! No fits on the stand, no cussing and particularly NO derogitory comments about the abilities of the new racers!

Racers can become a part of this process by abiding by and supporting the above and therefore becoming role models for the newcomers! Some of the most memorable drivers (many of which are still active) in my frame of reference are people like Mark Pavidis, Kris Moore, Taylor James and Adam Drake who never (when I've seen them anyway) show any form of negative emotion when they have a bad race. They are frequently the first to congratulate the winner - regardless of what brand that person is driving. IF these paid professionals can master this level of self control, why can't a lesser driver learn and follow their example?

Track owners who tolerate anti social behavior because they are 'enough' racers are simply kidding themselves - as many have found out and are finding out currently that their numbers aren't what they were last year and sadly, they will continue to decline if they don't figure out WHAT is causing the decline and FIX it! Fixing can be sometimes painful, could involve 'friends' but if the track is to suceed for the majority the fixes need to be made!
Old 01-09-2011, 09:09 AM
Tech Regular

I would say that banner ads on forums like this and others are their best bang for the buck. There's no doubt you are reaching your target demographic here. When my son and I are out bashing people will often come up and ask us about the hobby, sometimes seeing them in action is all the advertisement they need. Of course the first question is how much, I'll use my son's brushless SC10 as an example because it is a good value. If they say " $300... that's a lot for a toy" I'll say "how much did you spend on your XBOX or PS3 ?, these are more fun for less money." Then I'll tell them to check out our LHS and hopefully they get hooked like we are.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i recall a kawasaki comercial where you got the Traxxas atv with the purchase of an atv.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Steve.
Of course the first question is how much, I'll use my son's brushless SC10 as an example because it is a good value. If they say " $300... that's a lot for a toy" I'll say "how much did you spend on your XBOX or PS3 ?, these are more fun for less money." Then I'll tell them to check out our LHS and hopefully they get hooked like we are.

Plus they get less fat with an r/c and actually get to see the day of light! Teaches them more then just pushing buttons.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.