Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Slash 4x4 or SC10 or Blitz?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 07:03 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by DTX_Rally
Narrowed it down to three short course vehicles. What do you guys think I should get? Im leaning toward the slash 4x4 since i have a slash 2wd that I like and seems to run okay for me on the track. This shortcourse would be strictly for racing btw. Thanks in advance.
4x4 will be fast, and easier to drive, but if racing once leaving novice you are forced to downgrade engine to be legal in stock class unless the entire 4x4 class is running anything go's,it depends on your area.,
Old 08-23-2010, 09:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

For the slash 4x4 guys having issues, a little PREVENTATIVE maintenance goes a long way. Absolutely no excuse for center diff bearings tearing your diff up besides neglect, Change that bearing out every other week and it will be problem free, and the bearings are a whole 1$ each I ran the same center diff for 8 months before i sold the truck, no issues. While the truck does have some rear axle issues, those are cheap too. Overall, it's a DIRT CHEAP way into 4x4 racing if you do YOUR part. Of course it's not going to be as maintenance free as a 2wd, it has far more moving parts and twice the weight on those parts every time you crash.

As for choosing between 2wd and 4wd, 4wd is WAYYYYYYYY more fun. I have both, but the 4wd opens up so many more options on the track. They can do jump sections the 2wd's can't even come close to, have 4 times as much brakes so you can drive harder into the turns, better acceleration, and just an overall higher fun factor. Basically, you get near 1/8th scale buggy performance and fun, for 1/10th scale electric prices...how can you beat that?