Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
rc8t front tires ballooning >

rc8t front tires ballooning

rc8t front tires ballooning

Old 08-21-2010, 09:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default rc8t front tires ballooning

rc8te setup. reverse motor mont. motor on front left side. two 6s lipo one on each side in rear my problem is i keep lifting the front end of the ground when i get on it but as soon as the front end lifts all my power is sent to the front tires then it slams back down then the rear end will get power again an do it again. anyway my thoughts were diff oil not right or because u have to reverse the center diff to change the motor mont
Attached Thumbnails rc8t front tires ballooning-ve8-1.jpg  
Old 08-23-2010, 01:11 AM
BOG
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joshuatrucks
rc8te setup. reverse motor mont. motor on front left side. two 6s lipo one on each side in rear my problem is i keep lifting the front end of the ground when i get on it but as soon as the front end lifts all my power is sent to the front tires then it slams back down then the rear end will get power again an do it again. anyway my thoughts were diff oil not right or because u have to reverse the center diff to change the motor mont
u need thicker diff fluid, try some diff lockers if your just going to bash. that looks like an rc8b!!!
Old 08-23-2010, 01:37 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

actually looks like a HHH chassis'd VE8.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:36 AM
Tech Master

Yep, that's no RC8TE.
Old 08-24-2010, 03:03 PM
Tech Regular

two 6s lipo
That'll be the problem...

Smokey
Old 08-24-2010, 05:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Just need to thicken your center diff fluid.. I would start at 20k if you are not there already and work your way up.. depending on what you do as already noted you could go as thick is 60k w/o any issues out bashing (no more than 30k if you're racing and that's a lot). I'm sure with 6s lipo unless you have a 1300kv motor you're not racing on a dirt track much.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

yea sorry that pic was the wrong one. an yes i do have a tekin 1350kv truggy motor an all i do is race with it. its set up right now 10/10/10
Old 09-15-2010, 08:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I went from 7K to 3K center diff fluid in my RC8T to eliminate front wheel balooning.

Increasing the center diff enhances the 4WD effect and would put more power to those front wheels that have way less traction.

You could also increase spring rates and shock oils to change how the truck transfers weight on-power.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

I hope you meant 2 3s. If not your car should be melted into a heap of plastic by time you read this.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kja812

Increasing the center diff enhances the 4WD effect and would put more power to those front wheels that have way less traction.
From what I have read and learned on the track, that is backwards. If your front wheels are getting too much power and tires are ballooning too much, than you need a thicker fluid to keep more power at the rear wheels. But it sounds like you may have too much power to your rear wheels, causing the front to lift up. To stop the front from lifting up you want to go to a thinner fluid in the center.
Old 09-16-2010, 02:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

yea i have been trying a few different things an yes i have two 6s lipos in parral witch is 22v