Community
Wiki Posts
Search

what 1/8 electric buggy and truggy?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 07:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default what 1/8 electric buggy and truggy?

looking to set me up a electric buggy and truggy this winter but dont know that to get. i had a ve8 and hated it. if you guys want to post some pictures of yours as well feel free. thanks for the help
Old 08-20-2010, 09:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Check out the Caster Fusion EX1.5r and the Caster F8t Pro

www.casterracingusa.com

Last edited by badassrevo; 08-20-2010 at 12:39 PM.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:39 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bbrace3m
looking to set me up a electric buggy and truggy this winter but dont know that to get. i had a ve8 and hated it. if you guys want to post some pictures of yours as well feel free. thanks for the help
Why did you hate the Ve8?
Old 08-20-2010, 10:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by blade329
Why did you hate the Ve8?
it drove good but i think its poor quality. shock really dispointed me and so did the cdv's. i would put pernament thread locker on them and they still fell apart. i tryed everything to stop it and i just got sick of it. good car but requires way to much money for me. i raced at granger raceway in granger indiana and i have to be honest it was scary to race that car there. plastic chassis with huge jumps and rocks, to me doesnt mix very well. and i couldnt turn around and pull 160 bucks out of my butt to get the HHH. im only 15 and i support myself with a minimum wage job. its hard to do when im also saving for a car to drive
Old 08-20-2010, 10:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default EX1.5R

I got the caster ex1.5r

More Pics inside
http://s787.photobucket.com/albums/y...bucket/Caster/
Old 08-20-2010, 10:50 AM
Tech Master

thats a nice car there. im just worried about parts quility and how well it will compete with all other 1/8. and it sucks because my LHS doesnt sell caster
Old 08-20-2010, 11:08 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

it drove good but i think its poor quality. shock really dispointed me and so did the cdv's. i would put pernament thread locker on them and they still fell apart. i tryed everything to stop it and i just got sick of it. good car but requires way to much money for me. i raced at granger raceway in granger indiana and i have to be honest it was scary to race that car there. plastic chassis with huge jumps and rocks, to me doesnt mix very well. and i couldnt turn around and pull 160 bucks out of my butt to get the HHH. im only 15 and i support myself with a minimum wage job. its hard to do when im also saving for a car to drive
I kind of felt that way about racing the Ve8 at the BIG local outdoor track around here. So, I would use the Losi 8ight there instead. Of, which I would highly recommend. I have had very few parts break on that buggy. It's tough as nails. It can be pricey though. If you buy the Race Roller, it will set you back $800. I would recommend getting a used roller somewhere and buying the electronics separately.

Here are my cars:

Old 08-20-2010, 11:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

I am in the same boat that you are in, i have a Ve8 and my buddy has a RC8be, he seems to really love it. I think the RC8be seems to be the best out right now for the money. Our track just put in a massive triple and every time i jump it i hold my breath fearing that my Ve8 will end up in pieces.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

thats a nice car there. im just worried about parts quility and how well it will compete with all other 1/8. and it sucks because my LHS doesnt sell caster
So far it's been great.. They have no presence where i am either, but i just stock up on stuff. The parts quality it really good. I haven't had it out on the 1/8th scale track yet, but it handled the 10th scale sc course with ease.
What i can say about it though is the support i have gotten from other owners to team drivers and owners of the company have been great.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (98%+)

I love my vorza -

Old 08-20-2010, 09:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I have a Losi 8ight-E 2.0 and I've been so happy with it. I race at OCRC which is an indoor clay track. The car has been super durable, it's really well set up right out of the box as well. I have to say, from when I first started racing, I was running laps in the 1:30-1:33 range with the occasional lap over 1:35 and occasional lap under 1:30. In just about 2 months, I've gotten to the point where I'm running consistently 1:24-1:25's with my best a 1:22 and usually will only have 1 or 2 laps per night (2 heats and a main) where I'm on my lid long enough to fall down to a 1:30. The learning curve with this car has been absolutely amazing. I'm not a great racer (yet ) but I'm improving so fast that I have to think at least some of it is attributed to the car and how forgiving it is if you don't hit the perfect line every lap. Admittedly, I'm also becoming a better driver simply because of more time racing. But, through all the time I raced onroad and offroad, no other car has ever helped me progress this quick. I've got friends with an RC8BE and Vorza's and they are also very happy with their cars. Just comes down to go with the car that you feel comfortable will be good for you, parts support plays into this because you don't want to get stranded at the track due to something like a stripped spur, which is easily changed, but can't access parts for. If you do go with a car that doesn't have good parts support at the track or LHS, then make sure you stock up on those parts that are known to go out occasionally.