Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Hyper 10SC or Jammin SCRT10 >

Hyper 10SC or Jammin SCRT10

Hyper 10SC or Jammin SCRT10

Old 08-18-2010, 03:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

I thought I might catch a little s@#t for saying that, but for our track they just couldn't handle the larger jumps and rythym sections like the hyper's could. But, as you said hyperboy, it really all comes down to the driver and which truck he/she feels more comfortable with.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

No problem, Just make sure you explain why you arn't happy with them.... All us Hyper/Jammin guys are one big OFNA family... Ya right JAMMIN RULZ J/K
Old 08-18-2010, 04:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Thanks for everyone's input on this. That doesn't mean you all are making this choice any easier

So, both truck's shocks are no good? What shocks would work without major modification? I'm assuming 1/8 scale buggy shocks.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Before you deem the shocks junk you have to run the truck at your track.... Maybe with some dialing in the stock shocks work fine...Why waste money!!!!

But here is what I would do:

Jammin

Pbs conversion
Alum steering bellcrank link
Sc10 bumper conversion
Rear alum uprights
Hv motor mount

About 200.00 in upgrades

These upgrade will give you a good solid platform to start with and most likely LOVE.

Hyper

Upgraded Ofna arms
Alum rear upright
Ofna heat sink motor support
Plastic Spur
Nitrohouse shock valving (Free upgrade)
Carbon fiber towers
alum front steering upper plate
Elite motor mount

about 200.00 in upgrades

This will give you another solid platform..

You don't need to buy anything else fancy bling bling unless you want to.....These upgrade will provide you with a VERY race worthy truck!

Last edited by HYPERBOY; 08-18-2010 at 05:12 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by neospirit
Thanks for everyone's input on this. That doesn't mean you all are making this choice any easier

So, both truck's shocks are no good? What shocks would work without major modification? I'm assuming 1/8 scale buggy shocks.

I dont have a problem with the shocks on my Hyper , they are very smooth and once you tune them like HYPERBOY said they work great IMO , no need too get 1/8 buggy shocks .

Its the same with the Slash 4x4 , everybody wants too swap out the stockers , but with a spring change and the right weight oil the stockers work awesome .

Funny how the pillow ball front end is now the hot setup for the SCRT 10

Its like a wannabe Hyper 10SC now
Old 08-18-2010, 06:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Pick which one you like better and run it. Jammin needs a body and new wheels/tires right off the bat.

The stock Jammin shocks work great when setup properly.

I personally think the Jammin is 'tougher' that the Hyper though.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by neospirit

Honestly, the jammin shocks would probably be better with more volume, but when I first got my truck, I decided to race it that weekend without any upgrades. I used the stock shocks and even the stock wheels and tires. I did a simple cut to the stock tires and I changed shock oil and moved them out one hole on the tower. That's it. And I was able to still finish very well on that big 1/8 scale track that John (Mcdonaldsracing) was talking about.

I have made some mods and am using the longer rear shocks front and rear and I am going to mess around a bit more with setups and some mods, but the truck can be a winner right out of the box and I'm sure the Hyper is the same.

I guess I'm lucky, I have yet to break a front bumper or pop a ball cup off which seem to be the two main complaints about the durability of the truck.

Honestly, I don't think you can go wrong with either truck. I am also intrigued by the truck Losi is testing right now. If it's not too much of a pig on the weight scales, that might be a real killer of a truck.