RC Planet

Old 08-16-2010, 07:27 PM
Tech Adept

So if a company commits fraud, one should stay quiet and let others get ripped off, right? Sorry that don't work for me.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 377 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AzRon
So if a company commits fraud, one should stay quiet and let others get ripped off, right? Sorry that don't work for me.
you are right, rc planets plan worked...they started a business...... created a reputation among the rc industry...stocked up on tons of stuff.......spend thousands in advertising......and waited for this poor fool to come along so they can charge him $8 bucks extra for shipping ! And they would have gotten away with it ......but he blew the whistle !BOO HOO. YOU are so smart !
Old 08-16-2010, 10:39 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by brickshouse
Apparently you do have time re re, you posted 4 times Fighting stupidity with stupidity, go getem tiger
I know you own knee pads and I know they are not for sports it takes two to create friction.
Old 08-16-2010, 11:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by peter george
you are right, rc planets plan worked...they started a business...... created a reputation among the rc industry...stocked up on tons of stuff.......spend thousands in advertising......and waited for this poor fool to come along so they can charge him $8 bucks extra for shipping ! And they would have gotten away with it ......but he blew the whistle !BOO HOO. YOU are so smart !
lmfao
Old 08-17-2010, 05:33 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I like how people like to bad mouth rc parts company's ,tracks and rc manufacturers. Why? And then they feel that they have to get on here and tell the world how bad the company is.Its getting a bit ridiculous don't you think? AHHH! Wait I got one: I was at the drive thru at Wendys and they messed up my order ....so I canceled it and drove away. BOOO HOOOO WHO CARES? how do we know you are not the crazy one? If you live near a hobby store with a track or a hobby store period..just order from them and let them be responsible.Let some mom and pop shop make a buck - on line rc parts are cheaper but kill local hobby stores and tracks.You have to have it and you need it now.!!Yea yea the usual story,nothing changes.And then they get on here and cry about their bad experience. Did you hear that? Ghats the sound of me not giving a dam. I hope you don't take this personal but I have no time for crybaby's.
Trust me, I'd rather order from my LHS. Only problem is none of them have anything but Traxxas stuff. And the majority won't even order anything in.

Also, this is not really an isolated incident, but it is the worst I've experienced.

Last edited by profanitypete; 08-17-2010 at 10:53 AM.
Old 08-17-2010, 05:36 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by dj_sparky
2 seperate shipments = 2 seperate payments. Obviously.

I've never thought otherwise, and any discount on the 2nd shipment would be very nice.

Or am I misreading you?
I placed one order with them with everything saying it was in stock. After I ordered, he called/emailed me saying something wasn't in stock and would be shipping later. They wanted to ship it USPS. I paid for 3 day shipping for that item, I feel that I should receive 3 day shipping for that item. I don't feel that it's my fault that they can't organize their site in a way that shows something may take extra processing time and shipping fees.
Old 08-17-2010, 05:38 AM
Tech Initiate

Again, IDRC about the 8 bucks. The fact that A: they could be considered "false advertising" for saying something is in stock when they order it when you place your order, and B: the guy was pretty much a complete a$$ to me when I was just trying to get what I paid for in a timely manner.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:30 AM
Tech Rookie

Hello Profanitypete,

We are sorry your experience with us at R/C Planet was unpleasant. Company policy is to ship all secondary shipments postal and is case by case situations in the reason why an item(s) is being shipped separately. We operate out of one shipping facility located in West Valley City Utah, but also use stock from our other warehousing and businesses to fill orders. These faculties are located here and in other states which can delay an order slightly for transfers to take place, we do carry the majority of our on-line store on site here in West Valley City so delays are kept to a minimum. We operate this way to improve your ability for one stop shopping by offering all the items we have available from all locations to you. We in order to inform our customers of delays contact you/them as soon as the order processes into our system from the on-line site which happens twice a day. Once at 8:00A.M. and again at 11:00 A.M. once the order processes any customers with inventory transfers and delays resulting are contacted by e-mail with all the information pertaining to the order including when the order will be shipping and contact information in case you/our customers need to make changes to an order from the resulting shipping delays well in advance of when the order would be shipping so you have time to contact us or make necessary arrangements.

This works for the Majority of our customer base operating in this way but to improve customer satisfaction and processing huge improvements are being made to our relatively new company. We have been around 10 years but have only experienced a boom in the last 5 years.

These improvements include:

A larger warehousing facility almost tripling our square footage we have now allowing us to bring in our off-site stock which will reduce the need for shipping delays caused currently by multiple stocking locations. We should be moving in to our new warehouse by the end of October and will be able to stock even more R/C goodies in house than we are currently able to.

We are also spending thousands upon thousands reinventing the website and including the following improvements for customers. Easy Parts Finder the easiest parts finder to date to find model specific Factory Replacement Parts and Aftermarket Upgrades by your specific model reducing your need for guessing, Live inventory no more inventory issues due to the site not having up-to date inventory, Live ordering which will allow any order that is complete on site and does not require any parts transfers to automatically be sent for authorization and printing to the warehouse printer so orders placed later in the day will now be able to process the same day hopefully as late as 3:30 P.M. or later. Rather than 11:00 A.M. as we are currently set up, Shipment times will be posted on every item so when adding the item to the cart you will see if the item can ship with in 24 hours(same as processing day)/1-2days (from processing day)/or 4-5days (from order processing day). You will no longer have to wait and see if your order will be shipping today or later on in the week via e-mail. This way our customers can make an informed decision when selecting what shipping method they prefer to use in order to compensate for shipping times of parts ordered. Everything our customers need to know will all be on-line for you our customers to make a more educated purchase that our current site provider Volusion is incapable of allowing us to display for our customers. There will be many other changes that will make your next purchase from R/C Planet an enjoyable one.

All these changes are happening right this minute and our new site is expected to be on-line by late 2010.

As to your experience with our sales associate Jeff. Your situation was not handled correctly by this individual and management is addressing the situation internally. Our sales associate was misunderstanding company policy and was doing as instructed when customers are asking for additional needs or products. Even thought he was helping you out by offering your request for an additional express shipment at a discount. That was not the way your case was to be handled which was more of our issues internally and you should not have been charged extra for our internal issues on parts availability. Not even the percentage he was tying to get you to pay for that additional shipment on what ended up being missing stock should have been discussed as that company policy did not pertain to your situation. We are very sorry for the confusion and difficulty you experienced with your order. We would not stand long if we operated in a fashion that gets orders canceled, so believe me your situation is regretful and not the way we operate our business. We are hobbyists too and realize the frustrations that can occur from unexpected parts delays which is why we are making as many improvements as we are this year to make R/C Planet better and to insure your next experience will be more enjoyable and professional in our customers future visits to R/C Planet. Feel Free to call our toll free line and we can speak directly if there is any other issues you may want to discuss with your experience at R/C Planet. My name is Joel and I would be more than willing to speak to you about your unfortunate experience you had with us if you would like to discuss the matter further.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:40 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Joel Eaton
Hello Profanitypete,

We are sorry your experience with us at R/C Planet was unpleasant. Company policy is to ship all secondary shipments postal and is case by case situations in the reason why an item(s) is being shipped separately. We operate out of one shipping facility located in West Valley City Utah, but also use stock from our other warehousing and businesses to fill orders. These faculties are located here and in other states which can delay an order slightly for transfers to take place, we do carry the majority of our on-line store on site here in West Valley City so delays are kept to a minimum. We operate this way to improve your ability for one stop shopping by offering all the items we have available from all locations to you. We in order to inform our customers of delays contact you/them as soon as the order processes into our system from the on-line site which happens twice a day. Once at 8:00A.M. and again at 11:00 A.M. once the order processes any customers with inventory transfers and delays resulting are contacted by e-mail with all the information pertaining to the order including when the order will be shipping and contact information in case you/our customers need to make changes to an order from the resulting shipping delays well in advance of when the order would be shipping so you have time to contact us or make necessary arrangements.

This works for the Majority of our customer base operating in this way but to improve customer satisfaction and processing huge improvements are being made to our relatively new company. We have been around 10 years but have only experienced a boom in the last 5 years.

These improvements include:

A larger warehousing facility almost tripling our square footage we have now allowing us to bring in our off-site stock which will reduce the need for shipping delays caused currently by multiple stocking locations. We should be moving in to our new warehouse by the end of October and will be able to stock even more R/C goodies in house than we are currently able to.

We are also spending thousands upon thousands reinventing the website and including the following improvements for customers. Easy Parts Finder the easiest parts finder to date to find model specific Factory Replacement Parts and Aftermarket Upgrades by your specific model reducing your need for guessing, Live inventory no more inventory issues due to the site not having up-to date inventory, Live ordering which will allow any order that is complete on site and does not require any parts transfers to automatically be sent for authorization and printing to the warehouse printer so orders placed later in the day will now be able to process the same day hopefully as late as 3:30 P.M. or later. Rather than 11:00 A.M. as we are currently set up, Shipment times will be posted on every item so when adding the item to the cart you will see if the item can ship with in 24 hours(same as processing day)/1-2days (from processing day)/or 4-5days (from order processing day). You will no longer have to wait and see if your order will be shipping today or later on in the week via e-mail. This way our customers can make an informed decision when selecting what shipping method they prefer to use in order to compensate for shipping times of parts ordered. Everything our customers need to know will all be on-line for you our customers to make a more educated purchase that our current site provider Volusion is incapable of allowing us to display for our customers. There will be many other changes that will make your next purchase from R/C Planet an enjoyable one.

All these changes are happening right this minute and our new site is expected to be on-line by late 2010.

As to your experience with our sales associate Jeff. Your situation was not handled correctly by this individual and management is addressing the situation internally. Our sales associate was misunderstanding company policy and was doing as instructed when customers are asking for additional needs or products. Even thought he was helping you out by offering your request for an additional express shipment at a discount. That was not the way your case was to be handled which was more of our issues internally and you should not have been charged extra for our internal issues on parts availability. Not even the percentage he was tying to get you to pay for that additional shipment on what ended up being missing stock should have been discussed as that company policy did not pertain to your situation. We are very sorry for the confusion and difficulty you experienced with your order. We would not stand long if we operated in a fashion that gets orders canceled, so believe me your situation is regretful and not the way we operate our business. We are hobbyists too and realize the frustrations that can occur from unexpected parts delays which is why we are making as many improvements as we are this year to make R/C Planet better and to insure your next experience will be more enjoyable and professional in our customers future visits to R/C Planet. Feel Free to call our toll free line and we can speak directly if there is any other issues you may want to discuss with your experience at R/C Planet. My name is Joel and I would be more than willing to speak to you about your unfortunate experience you had with us if you would like to discuss the matter further.

Thank you very much for this Joel, I greatly appreciate the time taken to respond. I have been a loyal customer of yours in the past, placing numerous orders and only have the delayed shipment issue one other time which wasn't an urgent issue and I have never had the customer service that I received this go around before. I just didn't feel that I was being treated properly as a customer and was determining if it was an isolated incident/bad day/etc.

All of the expansions sound great and I would love to be comfortable ordering again and I look forward to seeing the new website.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:53 AM
Tech Rookie

I was not aware you where a previous customer with us. I am glad we where able to assist you in the past and hope we will be able to assist you again in the future. Please do check out our new site when it is live near the end of this year and please feel free to search our current site in the mean time for all the goodies you may want for that RC8BE. Again sincerely I apologize for your experience with us at R/C Planet. Have a great day Pete
Old 08-17-2010, 01:13 PM
Tech Champion

And they all lived hapily ever after......the end.(this was fun)