Wiki Posts
Search

Huge Announcement From X Factory

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

Default Huge Announcement From X Factory

X FACTORY PARTNERS WITH PROBST MOTORSPORTS

X Factory announces a new partnership with Probst Motorsports of New Lenox, Illinois. X Factory will sell replicas of the #9 E3 Spark Plugs Lucas Oil Pro-2 short course truck. The Kit will contain an SCX – 60 Conversion Kit with a professionally painted Pro-Line Silverado body that exactly matches the real E3 #9 and a huge die-cut decal sheet from BC1 Graphics, graphics supplier to the real #9 truck, to complete the perfect replica.

To celebrate the new partnership, Probst Motorsports will bring the #9 E3 Lucas Oil truck to the ROAR National Championship race in Joliet, Ill. for at least three days of the race! Pro driver Kevin Probst, a 35-year veteran of the short course truck circuit with over 200 wins to his credit, will attend the ROAR race for a day in person to sign autographs and meet the R/C drivers.

At all the Lucas Oil Off-Road Series races, the drivers hold an R/C S.C. truck race in the pits. Kevin Probst has been using an SCX – 60 during the 2010 season. The included photo of the R/C truck on the hood of the real truck is NOT PhotoShopped – it was taken in the parking lot as the real truck was being loaded into the trailer. Several SCX – 60s will contest the ROAR Championship, including a Probst Special Edition in the hands of Kevin Probst’s nephew, Jon Probst.

The new trucks will be available at selected fine hobby stores and on the X Factory web site following the ROAR race.
Attached Thumbnails Huge Announcement From X Factory-combined6.jpg   Huge Announcement From X Factory-combined2.jpg  
Old 08-11-2010, 07:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Congratulations to X-Factory for your continued sucess and always moving forward.Thats big news.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

That is a phenominal thing that a company the size of X Factory can make this happen. I want one as soon as they are available.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sweeeeeeeet!
Old 08-11-2010, 08:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

WW! Great going guys! That's awesome!!!
Old 08-11-2010, 09:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Now that this is official I can finally chime in-

For Probst Motorsports, this started with me having an interest in the SCX-60 and getting in touch with SpeedyDad. From there it blossomed into the thought that X-Factory and Probst Motosports could mutually benefit through cross-promotion, and it seems to be working very well on our side so far. With the new availability of the SCX-60 as a kit, I'm sure that X-Factory will notice the same thing. Plus it gave me the chance to get to know some truly great people in the process! I'm stoked to be racing one of these killer trucks at the Nats next week- anyone who's going make sure to check out the Pro-2, the full-size trucks are pretty insane in person!

Huge thanks to Chazz and Paul, and a extra huge thanks to SpeedyDad for his part in this also. The Nats can't get here soon enough!

Jon Probst
Old 08-11-2010, 09:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

This is a huge step for Xfactory!!! Now I have a truck to cheer for in real 1/1 racing. Way to go Xfactory
Old 08-11-2010, 09:22 PM
Tech Adept

Woot, woot! I'm looking forward to a new truck in my RC garage.

Congrats on the partnership.

Chazz, Can I get one of those 1:1 Xfactory decals?
Old 08-11-2010, 09:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

That's really cool!
Old 08-11-2010, 11:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dancoog
Chazz, Can I get one of those 1:1 Xfactory decals?
Talk to Brian at Stickit1Racing/BC1 Graphics. In addition to the sticker sheet for the X Factory trucks, he is also doing the full-size truck

http://www.stickit1racing.com
Old 08-11-2010, 11:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SikKustomz
This is a huge step for Xfactory!!! Now I have a truck to cheer for in real 1/1 racing. Way to go Xfactory
If you looked closely at the real Probst #9 E3 truck in the last couple events, you'd see that the headlights have large X Factory logos on them and there is a large X factory logo on the rear fender above the KMC Wheels sticker.

Anyone that was at the Hot Rod Hobbies Shootout a couple weeks ago got a sneak peek at my truck which has been running the Probst body for a few weeks to test fit and finish of the body and stickers.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:09 AM
Tech Elite

Sik, that's exactly why we are so excited to do this. We hope all the Family starts cheering for Kevin and the #9 E3 Pro-2. We hope everybody starts running E3 spark plugs. And, of course, we hope all Probst Motorsports fans run out and buy an SCX - 60 and get hooked on R/C and have to buy a buggy, etc.

I have not yet had the pleasure to meet Kevin in person, and I can't wait. For several reasons I may not be able to make it to the Nats this year, which is a shame because they are so close, but now that we're sure Kevin is coming, I'm going to try extra hard to make it.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:12 AM
Tech Elite

We will have the decal set for sale, and you can get them from BC1 also. I suggest you also get the pre-painted body to go with them, and we'll have those too. It's the Pro-Line Silverado body. The #9 E3 Pro-2 uses a Silverado body, so this is as close to an exact match as you'll get in an R/C car.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Too Cool
Old 08-12-2010, 09:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

this is awesome news! way to go xfactory!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.