Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LRP F1 Pro Reverse - Short Range/Glitching

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 08:18 AM
Tech Rookie

Default LRP F1 Pro Reverse - Short Range/Glitching

I just installed a brand new LRP F1 Pro Reverse in my RC10 B3 buggy. It runs great except it goes out range fairly quickly. I can only control it up to about 30 feet away. After that it gets really glitchy or has no response at all. All the batteries in the car and transmitter are fully charged. I've used other speed controllers in this car and have never had this problem. My receiver and crystals are also brand new. Any thoughts?
Old 06-10-2004, 10:39 AM
Tech Addict

I also have had problems with the lrp f-1 pro reverse, one caught on fire, the other you couldn't get to go into program mode, they would not run at all some times, i have hade them replaced five times, through lrp/associated, anyways as far as glitching that sounds more like a receiver or transmitter problem, first try another receiver & crystals, then try another transmitter, make sure your antenna wire is not cut or frayed anywhere, & all the connections are good to the receiver, also try driving in a different location you might be picking up some other kind of interference. good luck!
Old 06-15-2004, 02:22 PM
Tech Addict

Does the throttle glitch or steering or both?
Old 06-16-2004, 08:18 AM
Tech Rookie

I think its both the steering and throttle that glitch. The glitching only happens when the car is 35 or 40 feet away and starting to lose the signal. My receiver and crystals are brand new. I've also tried other crystals and they didn't help. I'm thinking its the transmitter at this point. Its a 15 year old Airtronics XL2P. It worked perfect about a year ago when I last used it though.
Old 06-16-2004, 09:29 PM
Tech Addict

It most likely is the reciever at fault. 15 years is quite old for a radio .