Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
IT'S GETTING ALITTLE BORING AROUND HERE! >

IT'S GETTING ALITTLE BORING AROUND HERE!

IT'S GETTING ALITTLE BORING AROUND HERE!

Old 07-31-2010, 04:09 PM
Tech Regular

Default IT'S GETTING ALITTLE BORING AROUND HERE!

im getting alittle bored with the 1/8th brushless bugs that are avalible right now. i love my hyper9e but would like something new to come along. the rc8be is out and thats good to see but when will we see pics of oh say odonnell or mugen and tamiya? anybody got any top secret info on any of thease buggies?
Old 07-31-2010, 04:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

I could tell ya.....but then I'd have to kill ya!
Old 07-31-2010, 04:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I am really looking forward to seeing some pics of the z01b sg-e(thats a mouthful). I got to see it at motorama but that was so long ago that i would assume it may look different now.
Old 07-31-2010, 05:26 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by charly71
im getting alittle bored with the 1/8th brushless bugs that are avalible right now. i love my hyper9e but would like something new to come along. the rc8be is out and thats good to see but when will we see pics of oh say odonnell or mugen and tamiya? anybody got any top secret info on any of thease buggies?
How about you make your own and show us pics.
Old 07-31-2010, 10:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I saw my friend from Mugen testing an electric MBX-6 locally

Steve
Old 07-31-2010, 10:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by teamstrc
I saw my friend from Mugen testing an electric MBX-6 locally

Steve
did you get a look at it, did it look like a conversion or a new chassis design?
Old 07-31-2010, 10:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i heard the mugen should be out in a couple months
Old 07-31-2010, 10:58 PM
Tech Initiate

oh really, thats great news if its true, have been hoping mugen would have a crack at the electric market
Old 07-31-2010, 11:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

you could check out the ishima racing electric buggy
Old 07-31-2010, 11:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by thefnshow
you could check out the ishima racing electric buggy
the battery tray looks promising, but it looks like a bit of a brick, not sure how tunable those shocks would be either those things are lying down
Old 07-31-2010, 11:30 PM

Trader Rating: 8 (83%+)

Originally Posted by tail gator
the battery tray looks promising, but it looks like a bit of a brick, not sure how tunable those shocks would be either those things are lying down
I like the way the motor sits on the mount as it would make changing pinions and gear mesh look quite easy,I like how low everything is in it and the mechanical brakes.Its just a pitty that hobao never had an option to put mechanical brakes on the hyper 9e
Old 07-31-2010, 11:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by shano83
I like the way the motor sits on the mount as it would make changing pinions and gear mesh look quite easy,I like how low everything is in it and the mechanical brakes.Its just a pitty that hobao never had an option to put mechanical brakes on the hyper 9e
yes but being mounted that high i would certainly want a brace at the back of that motor
Old 08-01-2010, 12:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

2 weeks ago, I saw the O'Donnell car and it's AWESOME! I met Steve O'Donnell and his son as well as their Team Driver Barry Baker (former onroad legend). The car's seriously awesome, it was hooking up so well! I actually have video of Barry on the track with it. I'll try to post it up in the next day or two. All three of them were really nice guys. That car is gonna turn a lot of 1/8th scale heads when it comes out. The only problem from other people I talked to, is that Steve has been working on it for like 2 years, and it's more than ready to come out and go into production, but he's such a perfectionist that he wont let it come out until it's PERFECT in his eyes which sounds like will never happen because he's such a perfectionist. To give you an idea how much of a perfectionist he is, he was adjusting a suspension turnbuckle not with Calipers which are VERY accurate, but with a MICROMOMETER that tells you such small tolerances that even the best calibers wont detect, that's how he is and from the sounds it's to his detriment because it's delayed the car's release. But he was a really nice guy and really took pride in the car. Barry was seriously one of the nicest guys you'll EVER meet. He just talked to me like a normal guy and I had no idea who he was other than man that guys fast lol Only later after talking to a few people at the track who know the deal told me who he was. I knew the name from my Onroad days, but didn't know the face. Rest assured when/if the car comes out though, that thing's for real!
Old 08-01-2010, 01:30 AM
Tech Elite

What is O'donnell doing with the layout on the E-buggy?
Old 08-01-2010, 06:10 AM
Tech Regular

sooo the odonnell ETA is 2015?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.