Search

Slash Anti Roll bar?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 05:37 AM
DDS
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Slash Anti Roll bar?

I have a 2wd open short course slash with Integy piggyback shocks and M2 caliber rear tires... I have heard that I should possibly look at getting an anti roll bar set up for the slash. Has anyone used these and how exactly does it work?
Old 07-26-2010, 08:22 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I assume you asking about a sway bar setup. This is a stiff bar that is mounted from lwr suspension arm to arm that limits chassis roll or lean as it turns. They are usually on both front and rear. A good kit may come with 3 diff bars to provide some stiffness adjustment (hard, med and soft).
Old 07-27-2010, 09:30 AM
DDS
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Duster_360
I assume you asking about a sway bar setup. This is a stiff bar that is mounted from lwr suspension arm to arm that limits chassis roll or lean as it turns. They are usually on both front and rear. A good kit may come with 3 diff bars to provide some stiffness adjustment (hard, med and soft).
Yeah that's what I meant... Any experience with them? I've been considering getting one. My truck tends to want to barrel roll if I'm hard on the gas...

That's with the shocks totally out as far as I can get them and with leaving them completely open (no spacers or the equivalent.)
Old 07-28-2010, 04:49 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Lots of info on the subject -

http://monster.traxxas.com/search.php?searchid=1579435

I don't use one, but I'm not racing either.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The only one that I had ever seen was an from strc and it was for the front only but that was several months back and I did not like it I ended up going with losi 60 all around if I was out doors and losi 50 all around indoors! also tear you gear diff down and throw 100k diff lube in it and seal the out side with silicon so it wont leak out but you will need to change ever so often depending how much you race... That will keep on power to your rear wheels!