R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 07-25-2010, 08:32 PM   #16
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrherald420 View Post
I think your problem was trying to run that high of a kv in a Slash, 6800kv is ment more for an On-road car. What were the temps of the ESC and Motor at?? I run my Losi Buggy all day in 100 degree heat and im seeing 117 degrees on the ESC and 140 degrees at the motor and i keep my motor timing set at standard on the buggy and low on my Mini T.
it ran about 169F it only has to run 6mins
Leroy1234p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 08:46 PM   #17
Tech Regular

169F for motor or esc?
WillD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 08:52 PM   #18
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB Willy View Post
169F for motor or esc?
motor
Old 07-25-2010, 08:56 PM   #19
Tech Regular

That temp isn't too bad for a motor as normally around 180-200 is the limit temp wise. I'd be willing to bet the esc was getting pretty toasty though.
WillD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 09:12 PM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Fuse says the motor shouldnt get over 180 and the ESC should stay under 200. I still say it was a case of not using the right kv motor for the application. Hell try it again, if the ESC gets toasted again im willing to bet its not a problem with the Fuse system.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:18 PM   #21
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

169 in 6 mins. It takes me 30 mins to get to that temp on 3 cell lipos. You need to get a lower KV motor.

I had the same problem with my sons Slash. Burned up 2 ESCs and 4 motors before I finally saw the fishing line that was warped around the axle inside the wheel. There is some friction in there somewhere, and its not going to matter what you put in there Your going to burn it up.

Learn how to work on your own stuff. You will take better care of it than some one who's not spending the cash on it.
The Major is a Stampede lover!!!2 Tacon Pedes, Micro-t. Pro Pulse buggy. Evader ST, HPI RS4 2 and 3, HPI Blitz, HPI Savage, MRC Academy srt 4, TA gold tub RC 10, USA 1, Duratrax axis, RC 10gt, 2 Slashes, 2 Rustlers
MajorPede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 05:33 AM   #22
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Briguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leroy1234p View Post
im running orion 5400mah,5000mah reedy,5000mah gravity all lipos. well the thing is i had two of them and if they was cooked it means the one they send me is gonna burn too
What are the discharge rating of these lipos ?

Dynamite has always had descent electronics , it is possible to have a lemon but that you burned up two is more likely gearing and/or the motor or something is binding .

Maybe you should of looked into the actual reason why your smoking ESCs before try to bring out a bad name for the Dynamite .

Also , learn how to do things yourself and not depend on others . There are hobby shops that have employees that have no clue what they are doing .
Briguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:39 AM   #23
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briguy View Post
What are the discharge rating of these lipos ?

Dynamite has always had descent electronics , it is possible to have a lemon but that you burned up two is more likely gearing and/or the motor or something is binding .

Maybe you should of looked into the actual reason why your smoking ESCs before try to bring out a bad name for the Dynamite .

Also , learn how to do things yourself and not depend on others . There are hobby shops that have employees that have no clue what they are doing .
well im not dissing dynamite i was just saying dont buy them cause of what happened. Also i know how to work on my own stuff, but if a hobby shop owner that has been in Rc all his life im gonna ask him before i go and screw it up myself makes more sense to do that
Old 01-06-2011, 11:33 AM   #24
Tech Initiate

i have a mamba max esc i use a gearing if 90 spure gear and a 14 tooth pinyan gear th moter is a dynamite fuze 6800kv do you guys think itl be o on a dirt track ps its in a 2wd slash
death racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:44 AM   #25
Tech Champion

That is to much motor for off-road , especially in a short course truck .
Old 01-06-2011, 11:45 AM   #26
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leroy1234p View Post
well im not dissing dynamite i was just saying dont buy them cause of what happened. Also i know how to work on my own stuff, but if a hobby shop owner that has been in Rc all his life im gonna ask him before i go and screw it up myself makes more sense to do that
Your hobby shop owner should of known that motor doesn`t belong in that truck and for off-road .
Old 01-16-2011, 06:45 PM   #27
Tun
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I got the Dynamite Fuze 3300, and my esc was smoking after a run but it still working perfect.
Tun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 06:36 PM   #28
Tech Initiate

Default fuze

i have a 3300 kv motor in my rtr blitz and i took third out of 12 in my class last night and the two guys that beat me have been racing for much longer then i have with higher dollar set ups, i run 18 88 and i know guys with 20 88 with no problems. Are you running drag brake? how much? drag brake will make things work harder. Also 6800 kv is way to high for set up. you are putting double the rpms as me with the same voltage. A guy at the local track put one of these systems in his truck (6800kv) and he has had nothing but heat problems with his motor. The shop owner actually told him it was too much motor but the guy insisted on having it. the problem is you not the motor or esc, myself and the others using the proper fuze system have had no problems. for the $110 (motor and esc) i paid i couldn't be happier. 159 even after 20 min is a bit warm, fuze does say not over 180 but that is the limit not really where you wanna run. I run a 5000 mah lipo through mine with temps in the 130-140 range.
teamgeicoblitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 06:55 PM   #29
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Why on earth would one single unit breaking, used improperly, merit a call for no one to buy one. 6800kv in a slash used for off road is just dumb.
lowroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 11:44 AM   #30
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrherald420 View Post
I think your problem was trying to run that high of a kv in a Slash, 6800kv is ment more for an On-road car. What were the temps of the ESC and Motor at?? I run my Losi Buggy all day in 100 degree heat and im seeing 117 degrees on the ESC and 140 degrees at the motor and i keep my motor timing set at standard on the buggy and low on my Mini T.
6800 fuze isn't to much for off road mine works fine at my local track take it I'm on a high traction surface indoor that might be the difference motor stays at125 and esc at 100
Empire37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links