Search

hyper9e caster 1.5r

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 01:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Why is the blind nut mod necessary?
Old 07-29-2010, 08:52 PM
Tech Adept

either car tons of people seem to be really helpful. can't decide. although im leaning towards caster
Old 07-29-2010, 09:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nw2rc
either car tons of people seem to be really helpful. can't decide. although im leaning towards caster
Go with the car that you can get locally or at least parts for. Much easier to not have to wait for stuff sometimes.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

personally. I'm running a single 4s on my caster and it runs great. I did the battery tray mod cause its holding a much heavier battery than the designed 2s.

I picked the caster for price and the guys over there have been nothing but great help with any question i have. The parts thing is not that big of an issue since i normally will just stock up on spares from the net anyway.

I also picked caster because i like the bold statements they make. I love innovative companies. My buddy got a hyper 9 and he likes it, but we have not had a chance to get them out on the track really to see how they compare.

I'm happy with my purchase and know i have support from the owner to the team drivers anytime i need it.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:06 AM
Tech Adept

both buggies get great support from where i am
Old 07-30-2010, 01:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nw2rc
both buggies get great support from where i am
Well if you have 2s packs already then the caster is perfect if you dont then the hyper might be better because you do not have to buy 2 2s packs. It also takes longer to charge if you dont have 2 chargers.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:53 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

from what I have been reading, people do the nut mod to better secure the battery trays to the vehicle so in a hard crash they don't fly out. This is something that they still do into the 1.5 version from what I read, so I am not sure if the trays were changed in the 1.5 and its just guys doing it as they are used to it, or if its still a carry over design from the original car.

In the original EX1 version I did see this happen at a race, though the driver did come off of a jump hard on a pipe and the pack went flying while still secured to the tray.

Other than that though, the car handled very good considering it was the sport model with some upgrades.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

http://www.casterracingusa.com/forum...ead.php?t=2879

That is the blind nut modification with it being done a few different ways. Blind nuts are normally used in making furniture, etc.....

The car was designed around 2) 7.4v 5000 packs specifically, but at the end of the day, the batteries do not effect the steering as much as you would think by looks. I personally run 6500 packs for fun and racing and mine turns on a dime, but it "feels" heavy which can be a great advantage sometimes. When I am messing around with the top speed car, then handling is greatly affected because of the mass of the batteries, but no one would race with them.

At the end of the day, all you have to do is adjust ride height to the batteries used.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

is it the flex that is ripping out the screws? cause most buggys and truggys flex in that area
Old 07-30-2010, 10:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fallguy
is it the flex that is ripping out the screws? cause most buggys and truggys flex in that area
Not really, it's mostly the immediate jarring of the entire trays as you go from 30mph to 0mph in a hard crash against a wall or track pipe.

The blind nut mod costs about $3 with DuBro parts at your LHS...way worth it for peace of mind and is really something that I do to every battery tray regardless of make or setup.

The fusion is a good buggy, harder to setup IMHO b/c not many people run it at my local track...no one actually.
Old 07-31-2010, 07:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

There is chassis flex, but i don't think that is what causes it. Like tron said it's just for the impacts. If you get the caster, just do the mod first off and you will never have an issue.

Or there is someone on the forums that made alu trays for it..
Old 07-31-2010, 08:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)
Default my 2 cents

me personaly ,i would go with the caster , seeing how ive had all the help and insite i could get from glassdoctor on coversions before i purchased a caster buggy . i dont think your gonna get that kind of support from ofna . and dont get me wrong cause i also have a hyper 7 with the rcpd dual baterry trays that is awesome , but personal support is aaaaaaa++++ in my book espeacialy for a newbie .
Old 07-31-2010, 08:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I just ordered a Hyper9e.. i kida like the setup, the no side guards is my only beef with it.

i will use it as a back up when Mugen comes out with a mbx6e buggy
Old 07-31-2010, 11:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by sickwitit
Hyper 9e FTW! The drivetrain and layout is very uniquely balanced. Very minimal wear because the center diff is located next to the rear diff, so the drive shafts are in a straight line...not angled like everybody else.

Are you going to run 2 batteries or 1 battery? The Caster is designed for 2 and the Hyper is designed for 1.

Do you want a kit or pre-assembled? The Caster is a kit and the Hyper 9e is about 80% pre-assembled.
Fyi You can get the caster as assembled too. For the same price as the kit.. On any the caster comes with the side guards which will help keep dirt out of the drivetrain.

The drivetrain on the caster is centered as well there are no angles in it at all.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:49 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fallguy
I just ordered a Hyper9e.. i kida like the setup, the no side guards is my only beef with it.

i will use it as a back up when Mugen comes out with a mbx6e buggy
yeah, mine too, but putting them on from what bondo told me (he did this for me) is pretty easy to do.

I am liking the looks of some of the hopups coming out including that graphite chassis.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.