Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Really Need help :(

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 04:09 AM
Tech Addict

Default Really Need help :(

Hi, im more or less new to off road racing and im looking into buying a 1/10th or 1/8th electric off road buggy or truggy .
I thought of the Kyosho DBX VE but i dont know if I can buy spare aluminium parts, or spare shocks or even if i can change the camber angle/ toe-in angle and all of these settings .
My question is : is the DBX VE good for skate park bashing , is it though and can i change the gearing ( higher fdr or lower ) can i move the motor position or can i change ANY of the setup .
Thank you in advance, any help is MUCH MUCH appreciated
Old 07-24-2010, 04:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

my advice,

dont worry yet about which car.. go to you local track, and see what class you want to run first.. See what class has the most racers, which class looks the most fun, see what class is about your speed level (be honest).

Choices.. 2wd buggy, 2wd truggy, 4wd buggy, new is short course.

Your budget may play a big part of this also.

1/8 electric is extremely fast, sorry if i am insulting your experience, only assuming noobness, but i wouldnt advise on one just yet.

Now racing and bashing are two completely different things... unless your in short course.. LOL

Bashing, i would select a more robust vehicle, maybe from the traxxas line.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Stangas +1

He is correct if you are new and want to bash, go with a Traxxas Slash. Hard to break, parts are plentiful, and you won't go broke on the cost.

If you want to race, go to local track and pick from what is running. Most tracks have short course class now. You will get all kinds of opinions about what to race. I run Slashes in stock and pro short course and they do quite well against the Blitz, SC 10, etc. Losi Strikes seem to have lots of issues. Keep in my choice is in your hands. Maybe some of the racers will let you take a lap or two just to check out their rides. Our local guys will always let you wheel their stuff.

1/8th is best left for more experience. Very expensive.