Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC10B4.1 FT/WC

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 04:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Hey guys do the T4 and B4 come with 30 caster blocks??
Old 01-25-2011, 05:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by salvaticustomjs
Hey guys do the T4 and B4 come with 30 caster blocks??
Yes, both 4.1's come with 30* caster blocks. PN#7922
Old 01-25-2011, 05:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I love my AE cars but all four of the Factory Team kits I've purchased and assembled (B4.1, T4.1, SC10, TC6) over the last year have had unusable or missing parts that have prevented me from completing the build without a trip to the LHS or a wait for AE to send a replacement. I think 4-for-4 is a pretty bad record.

The B4.1 that I'm currently trying to finish has one shock collar with messed up threads that just refuses to work. The T4.1 had a shock bushing with messed up threads. The SC10 was missing two bearings for the diff housing and had a shock bushing with messed up threads. The TC6 had a broken diff T-nut, was missing two screws, and had a ball stud that wouldn't thread into the rear hub.

To their credit, AE has shipped replacement parts to me as fast as possible - but they should really take a look at their manufacturing process.

I've assembled kits from Kyosho, Xray, Durango, Axial, Schumacher and Losi and all had almost no major flaws. The only problems I can recall is having to file down a few aluminum parts on the Durango for a better fit and having a bad but usable diff housing for my Cougar SV that was later re-designed and replaced by Schuey - otherwise no missing parts or parts that I couldn't tweak to make them work.

Maybe I'm just unlucky. Anyone else had this kind of experience?
Old 01-25-2011, 05:14 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by andrew-01
Yes, both 4.1's come with 30* caster blocks. PN#7922
Thanks for the quick response! I'm excited to build my new kits
Old 01-25-2011, 05:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Nope, never had that experience in 10+ years of AE cars.

But in typical Associated fashion, they did make right and get you the parts.

Originally Posted by mdowney
To their credit, AE has shipped replacement parts to me as fast as possible - but they should really take a look at their manufacturing process.

Old 01-25-2011, 05:19 PM
Tech Addict

Ive built quite a few AE kits and never had a problem with missing or defective parts... Knock on Wood
Old 01-25-2011, 08:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I love my AE cars but all four of the Factory Team kits I've purchased and assembled (B4.1, T4.1, SC10, TC6) over the last year have had unusable or missing parts that have prevented me from completing the build without a trip to the LHS or a wait for AE to send a replacement. I think 4-for-4 is a pretty bad record.

The B4.1 that I'm currently trying to finish has one shock collar with messed up threads that just refuses to work. The T4.1 had a shock bushing with messed up threads. The SC10 was missing two bearings for the diff housing and had a shock bushing with messed up threads. The TC6 had a broken diff T-nut, was missing two screws, and had a ball stud that wouldn't thread into the rear hub.

I've assembled kits from Kyosho, Xray, Durango, Axial, Schumacher and Losi and all had almost no major flaws. The only problems I can recall is having to file down a few aluminum parts on the Durango for a better fit and having a bad but usable diff housing for my Cougar SV that was later re-designed and replaced by Schuey - otherwise no missing parts or parts that I couldn't tweak to make them work.

Every B4.1 kit in my area had these issue's unfortunately That's also the reason I put off getting the TC6.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:17 PM
Tech Addict

my b4.1and the b44.1 they forgot wheel nuts
Old 01-25-2011, 08:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jason Haas
my b4.1and the b44.1 they forgot wheel nuts
My B4.1 was missing wheel nuts as well... talk about annoying... especially since it is one of the few standard kits I own...
Old 01-25-2011, 09:23 PM
Tech Master

Shyte - just got to the last bag on the B4.1. Believe it or not, no wheel nuts.

I still love my AE cars but I think I will probably think twice before I order another AE kit.

Email [email protected] if you have missing or bad parts. They're usually pretty quick about sending out replacements. I should know, this will be my fifth request for parts, LOL!
Old 01-25-2011, 09:57 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Shyte - just got to the last bag on the B4.1. Believe it or not, no wheel nuts.

I still love my AE cars but I think I will probably think twice before I order another AE kit. Email [email protected] if you have missing or bad parts. They're usually pretty quick about sending out replacements. I should know, this will be my fifth request for parts, LOL!
I can see why you would feel that way, I would too. In the end I think it will cross your mind but you'll still buy AE To me it's really crappy but not a deal breaker on weather or not to buy..
Old 01-25-2011, 10:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by racer1812
I can see why you would feel that way, I would too. In the end I think it will cross your mind but you'll still buy AE To me it's really crappy but not a deal breaker on weather or not to buy..
You're probably right.

The things we put up with in this hobby...
Old 01-26-2011, 03:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

for 98 cents and a trip to the home depot, you can get 4 STAINLESS nuts, which look alot more trick then standard steel

i got them on the front and the rear of my t4 and b4. only thing is 5-40 for the front is difficult to find, i believe what i ended up with was actually a 6-32 that threads on alot easier actually and does give back some of that "little play" nylon nuts have too, but since switching to them i haven't had a wheel come off other then when a caster block breaks ( was doing wall rides this weekend at the end of the main lol )
Old 01-26-2011, 03:11 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

what is the general opinion about the stock rtr brushless combo that comes with the rtr 4.1's .

I would like to install the reedy 3300kv combo in my t4 , and would like some opinions for it .

I will be racing in mod truck . this is my first brushless setup .
Old 01-26-2011, 04:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr.Pink
what is the general opinion about the stock rtr brushless combo that comes with the rtr 4.1's .

I would like to install the reedy 3300kv combo in my t4 , and would like some opinions for it .

I will be racing in mod truck . this is my first brushless setup .
I mean, it's raceable... I raced and "competed" with it for about a month or two. What I can tell you is I was giving myself a disadvantage.

Yes it is a brushless motor but it is sensorless brushless motor. The way I can describe that experience is ONpower, OFFpower,ONpower, OFFpower... it's not very smooth at all without the sensor. It's plenty fast, no doubt about that... My opinion: If that's all you can afford or have right now then run it. If you can hold off and maybe pick up an aftermarket speedo (sensored)and motor (sensored), you'll save yourself money and be much happier in the long run.

Give someone's truck a run who has the RTR combo and someone who has a Novak, LRP, Orion, Speed Passion, speedcontrol/motor combo and you can see for yourself the difference.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.