Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Tekin RX8 Truggy Combo 1550kv VS. Castle Creations 1717 @ 1580kv? >

Tekin RX8 Truggy Combo 1550kv VS. Castle Creations 1717 @ 1580kv?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RX8 Truggy Combo 1550kv VS. Castle Creations 1717 @ 1580kv?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 09:09 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
We also didn't like the excessive cog torque in some of the other motors. Which is why the T8 line doesn't have it. We're racers and when testing we didn't like the drag as it upset the chassis too much in high speed corners.

Ty's right, I'd like to see someone burn up a T8 truggy motor in a regular truggy, won't happen. We have far more "miles" than anyone else and if they burned up we'd know.

The GST is a HUGE monster truck. Gearing will be the biggest issue. You're going to need to settle on what battery power you're going to use before you choose the motor. I'd also suggest trying to keep the tranny to help with gear reduction if it's possible. This is what I'm doing on my TCS Savage Flux Baja 5 conversion project...2 speed tranny with mechanical brakes.
6s, 3s in series at 5000mah and minimum 30c.

I'd like to keep the tranny on the GST, but can I place the motor right on the 2 spur gears from the tranny as with the Nitro, with a 2 speed adapter pinion? Or do I need to strip down the tranny and place the motor directly on the center diff spur?

I'm not sure what to do here. What's the easiest solution? What do I place the motor on? I've been looking around the web for guides on the GST, but I can't find anything. This is my first conversion, so I'd love some help.

RC-monster forums seems to have some people who have done this conversion. I registered several days ago, and I'm still waiting to get activated.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
Obviously those castle/neu motors are way more powerful.. it's not even close. The tekin motors are not even as powerful as a castle 1515 1y (2200) let alone the bigger ones.. IMO in that heavy of a rig I'd stay as far away from the tekin as possible.. I've seen regular size truggies burn them up.

My2c

PS for that tekin fanboy, relax.. lol tekin are nice but you're not even on topic.. LOL
Thats rubbish mate Tekin are awesome ive got 3 and abused the crap out of them and no problems. They are every bit as quick as the castle but smoother. I have never ever heard of anyone having problems with their tekin. They are a fantastic motor which is why so many race with them
Old 11-01-2013, 08:40 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dj_sparky
6s, 3s in series at 5000mah and minimum 30c.

I'd like to keep the tranny on the GST, but can I place the motor right on the 2 spur gears from the tranny as with the Nitro, with a 2 speed adapter pinion? Or do I need to strip down the tranny and place the motor directly on the center diff spur?

I'm not sure what to do here. What's the easiest solution? What do I place the motor on? I've been looking around the web for guides on the GST, but I can't find anything. This is my first conversion, so I'd love some help.

RC-monster forums seems to have some people who have done this conversion. I registered several days ago, and I'm still waiting to get activated.
Yeah,

If you can keep the reduction system you're going to be better off long term.
Old 11-01-2013, 06:36 PM
Tech Regular

Run the 1717 in that truck if you what it for bashing. You will have more gearing option than with the smaller castles or tekin motors.