Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 05:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

thanks for all the replies...
G
Old 07-17-2010, 06:23 PM
Tech Champion

Get an air compressor. Spray front and rear off with air. squirt front and rear with simple green. Blow off and use spray silicone and TAG body spray to lube up the chassis.

Usually that'll clean my car well enough. But I'll strip her down for further cleaning.

Don't use your dishwasher. Then you have to tear your car down and relube your bearings. You have to tear down to lube gears, CVD's, and refill diffs anyway. So you minus well do it right with a good detail strip.

But your putting all kinds of chemicals into something your dinnerware goes into. I had a buddy who used to clean his guns in a dishwasher. He got really sick.

Yes he did his dishes and guns seperately. But those chemicals and lubes end up sprayed all over the washer. Dish washer soap deosn't get rid of nitro and lubes very well.
Old 07-17-2010, 06:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Don't use your dishwasher. Then you have to tear your car down and re-lube your bearings. You have to tear down to lube gears, CVD's, and refill diffs anyway. So you minus well do it right with a good detail strip.

But your putting all kinds of chemicals into something your dinnerware goes into. I had a buddy who used to clean his guns in a dishwasher. He got really sick.

Yes he did his dishes and guns separately. But those chemicals and lubes end up sprayed all over the washer. Dish washer soap doesn't get rid of nitro and lubes very well.
Damn, I would have never ever thought about that?! Seriously, thanks for pointing that out!!!

Georgios
Old 03-19-2021, 10:04 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Yes the dryer

I have just always let my tires just sit to dry 😒 long and boring so I end up with a couple sets for my cars I have been trying to find new ways to remove water from my wheels and came across this post and decided to actually throw a set in the dryer a old pair won't be sad if they don't make it I put them in a old pillowcase and a arm full of already dried cloths just to not have them smashing around low heat repeat till dry I had to put them through twice and it worked some discoloration in some spots with glue but perfectly fine to go bashing the next day and to think people are actually drilling holes into tires and think a dishwasher is a crazy way to clean a car lmao
Old 03-20-2021, 08:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

11 year dead thread straight to the top
Andy Koback and thkelly like this.
Old 02-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Dishwasher. Then you wash dishes right after, this is funny?

What the heck. Just use ZEP foaming degreaser, toothbrush, air off when done.
Way nicer, and more sanitary. Haha