Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Manta body for slash fit on SCRT10?? >

Manta body for slash fit on SCRT10??

Manta body for slash fit on SCRT10??

Old 07-16-2010, 06:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default Manta body for slash fit on SCRT10??

I am looking to buy a Jconcepts Manta body for my Jammin SCRT10 and all my hobby shop has in stock is the Manta body for the Slash/SC10.

Will this work on my SC10? They actually have one prepainted that I want, but i don't know if it will fit. i don't have my SCRT10 yet, but it is on the way.

Can anyone help me out on this or should I just buy the one specifically for the Jammin.

Does anyone know what the differences are between the them?

Thanks!

Rich
Old 07-16-2010, 07:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by richvarner
I am looking to buy a Jconcepts Manta body for my Jammin SCRT10 and all my hobby shop has in stock is the Manta body for the Slash/SC10.

Will this work on my SC10? They actually have one prepainted that I want, but i don't know if it will fit. i don't have my SCRT10 yet, but it is on the way.

Can anyone help me out on this or should I just buy the one specifically for the Jammin.

Does anyone know what the differences are between the them?

Thanks!

Rich
yes it will fit,
Old 07-17-2010, 10:25 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks rdoubleday!

Does anyone know the difference in the slash manta body and the SCRT 10 manta body?

If they work for both, why does Jconcepts make a different body with a different Cat # for each truck.

Weird....
Old 09-17-2010, 12:12 AM
Tech Rookie

yes please if anyone finds that info out please let us know. they look the same and all the sc10 bodies have been fitting on the sc10 so what the hell. are they charging more for the scrt body
Old 09-17-2010, 12:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Yes it will fit. I know a couple of people using one and I'm using one on my TQ SX10sc.
Old 09-17-2010, 05:29 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by richvarner
Thanks rdoubleday!

Does anyone know the difference in the slash manta body and the SCRT 10 manta body?

If they work for both, why does Jconcepts make a different body with a different Cat # for each truck.

Weird....
They are pretty much the same body, but the mounting holes and cut lines are different for each truck. There is no way to have one mold for all the different trucks. It would be impossible premarking all the different body mount holes and different cut lines to clear the different front & rear bumpers all on one mold.
Old 09-17-2010, 05:34 AM
Tech Addict

this one is back from the dead. I just ended up buying the Desert Rat 2.0 body specifically for SCRT10. I am still using the stock body right now though. The proline body is still in the package.

I am racing my ebuggy and the Jammin is basically just sitting on the shelf!
Old 09-17-2010, 05:35 AM
Tech Master

The Jconcepts Manta body for the SCRT10 is the 0058 part number. They make on for the Hyper10SC and Jammin SCRT10. I would select that one.
Old 09-17-2010, 06:28 AM
Tech Master

there is a Brand new Company,there making some SC bodies
one of them fits like 3 or 4 different types of cars?
I do not race short corse,but the owner of the Company that makes the bodies does, there name is D&B Designs can catch him at WCRC in La Mirada.....and he's selling them for $24.00(that includes Tax!) his Name is Devon
they been testing the bodies at WCRC,and as far as i can tell they can fit the Slash,the SC10(AE) and the Jammin cars.....
he has a Jammin,a SC10,and a 4wd Slash so i know they fit his cars
there the same ones that make a Body that is kinda close the the concepts Punisher body for the buggies,but it has "WAY More" clearance for the batteries,and the one body this i know for "Sure" fits the AE,Losi,and X-Ray 808 series and they fit there Nitro counter parts as well....
and he's selling those for around $18.00 for a limited time from my Understanding......
but the SC body what i have seen, it doesnt "Break" in 2 runs!
or 2 race days!! and it looks allot more "Flowing" and for sure looks "Easier to Paint",the Lexan on it feels "Thicker" but more flexable? and it's NOT any Heavier??
when i get his email i "Will" post it here for everyone
or write to me at [email protected] i'll forward it as well.
i race with him but he hasnt gotten a email set up for this,for the "Bodies"