Search

SPX 8 use with tekin 2650??

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 11:49 PM
BOG
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default SPX 8 use with tekin 2650??

I have the garbage LRP 2800 motor with the SPX8 speed controller that came with one of my RC8Te kits. I have run it a couple times and the 2800 motors gets real hot like 205 degrees hot (yes it had stock gearing, and only used 3s and 4s and the fan was on the motor). So i stopped using this system awhile ago and used my mamba again. However i am picking up a rc8e and want to use the speed controller but not with the LRP 2800kv motor. I have a tekin 2650 motor i want to use. I have done some internet research but have not found that the two are compatible or not. I wanted to assume that they would as I have heard that just about any bl motor with work with any bl sc of the same size but I wanted to make sure
Old 07-16-2010, 07:27 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The esc will run our motor but beware that it will run hot. They cannot get out of sensored mode and this causes a lot of heat in the motor.