Wiki Posts
Search

Novak trade in program buyer beware

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 12:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chimer
LOL! What's the deal bashing Novak? I've used Novak for over 20yrs. and only blew up one ESC, that's something to be proud of! I have used the trade-in program a few times and have even purchased rmf items from them, never had a problem. I noticed several racers switching to Tekin but it costs more and I can't trade in my Novak for Tekin stuff. People say that Tekin is better because it has more programming options and is faster, I am still trying to get around the track with consistent lap times-I don't need more power. I know some of these racers "bragging" about their Tekin stuff could really use some driving lessons instead of more power! I will stick with Novak!
IMHO if tekin was so great tehy would not have went out of business for a time, i myself am sticking to my older novak brushed stuff but unfortunately the only brushless system that suits my needs is the traxxas velineon which irks me because i hate traxxas and the lousy customer service and support i got from them. i would like novak to look into making a brushless system with the following specs:

brushed, sensored, and sensorless motors w/ no motor limit
1s to 3s lipo (also capable of runing off of 4 to 8 nicd/nimh batteries
compact size at least smaller than the traxxs velineon

when novak gets a brushless setup with specs (or close to) above listed then i will have a need for novak again but until then i am forced to stay brushed, or go with a crapsas velineon system .
Old 11-24-2010, 12:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Every since the right people left Novak. The company policies are sucking.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:18 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by lordraptor1

brushed, sensored, and sensorless motors w/ no motor limit
1s to 3s lipo (also capable of runing off of 4 to 8 nicd/nimh batteries
compact size at least smaller than the traxxs velineon

when novak gets a brushless setup with specs (or close to) above listed then i will have a need for novak again but until then i am forced to stay brushed, or go with a crapsas velineon system .
Our days of tooling up brush escs are far, far behind us; the only brush controllers we make now are for Crawling.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dave H
My problem was always reading the darn things after they wore off some, getting a matched set and the Rx-Tx right. Yep, we have it good these days, but I still keep crystals in the tool box. Been able to help out some of our newbies a couple of times at the last minute, when they didn’t have alternative crystals.
Or how about someone screaming "76!! 76!! Whoever's got 76 turn your radio off!!!" as their car went screaming outta control on track. Oh man, that makes me laugh now, wasn't funny at the time.

Back to the thread topic, Novak has been around this long for a reason and it's not because they rip people off. Top notch equipment and service.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:30 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

i cant believe i'm saying this but i'm enjoying the switch to novak. i'm running so much better in 2w than in 2.5yrs with tekin its a shame i didnt switch sooner. it stinks b/c i've been to the tekin factory, met all the guys, had jim show me around and it was great. those guys are truely great...however in mod elec offroad, i couldnt help but struggle with the RS. throw in a 20$ 3rd hand GTB just on 1mth ago and now i have others at the track buyin new cars, diff cars, more batts, more tires scratchin their heads at my increase in pace.

R
Old 11-24-2010, 01:33 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
i cant believe i'm saying this but i'm enjoying the switch to novak. i'm running so much better in 2w than in 2.5yrs with tekin its a shame i didnt switch sooner. it stinks b/c i've been to the tekin factory, met all the guys, had jim show me around and it was great. those guys are truely great...however in mod elec offroad, i couldnt help but struggle with the RS. throw in a 20$ 3rd hand GTB just on 1mth ago and now i have others at the track buyin new cars, diff cars, more batts, more tires scratchin their heads at my increase in pace.

R
You must have one of our special "Rocket-Version" GTBs.....
Old 01-25-2011, 01:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Am I understanding this right?

My old GTB + $75 bucks + shipping = Kinetic
Old 01-25-2011, 03:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Opening comment, he asked them to pick him a fast one.....man thats funny.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slashdrivr
Am I understanding this right?

My old GTB + $75 bucks + shipping = Kinetic
I think a kinetic would be 129 + shipping when exchanging your GTB.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:16 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pete Vitale
Old 01-26-2011, 08:00 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Pete Vitale
Correct. When exchanging, the price of the exchange is located in the far right column on the same line as the product into which you are exchanging.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:17 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I'm going to replace my orange with a new orange.
I'ld like to exchange my orange for an apple.

Old 01-26-2011, 08:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

I just have to chime in. My experience with Novak was awesome. My new Havok Pro was quitting on me. New battery, not hot but under load it would stop. We tried everything with all the "Novak pros" at the local track. No dice. I took it to Novak, car, radio and all. They checked it out, deemed the esc was bad and replaced it with another. They returned it back to me wired, tested and ready to run. That took about 5 business days. Then as I am at the local track the guy that serviced my car happened to be there. He was very concerned asking me how it was running and even checked it out after a run or two just to make sure it was all good.

+1 for Novak customer service.

Sounds like the author of the thread just maybe might have read the form wrong or something. I am sure if you call them, they will make it right rather then jumping on the forum without giving them a chance.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:49 AM
Company Representative

This thread was started July 2010...

We have completely revised our programs since then, separating them into two different pages to minimize the confusion. We now have one page dedicated to servicing currently manufactured/RMF products and our Legacy program for discontinued, obsolete electronics. These are exclusive, comprehensive programs designed for our customers and may take a bit of "studying" before all the options are understood. Official Thread for Service Program Questions.

I love this:

I'm going to replace my orange with a new orange.
I'ld like to exchange my orange for an apple.

Legacy program:

I'd like to upgrade my broccoli to a piece of fruit.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Well I have bought 1 Havok Pros SC kit with the 13.5 ballasic and then a Havok Pro SC with 2 10.5 ballastic motors all within the last couple of weeks. One of my 10.5 and the 13.5 BOTH went wak with 5 min of run time. The local Novac guy here took them apart and gave them back to me. They have both been perfect and I have about 3 race nights on them each now.

My brother bought a LRP controler and a new 13.5 ballsatic motor as well. His brand new speed control fried after 3 min of run time. So he bought a New havok Pro SC and about 3 min of run time It went into shut down of some sort. The local Novac guy took his motor and replaced something and so far it runs perfect. He now has about 3 race nights since the fix.
He also just ordered a Kanetic with a 13.5 and so far has not installed it yet that I know of.

IDK about the quality control when these things are made but the Customer Service is the best I have seen. I will continue to run Novac just because the local guy here is so cool and the shop took care of it No questions Aksed.

Last edited by ducatibrandon; 01-28-2011 at 06:39 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.