Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Slash 4x4 esc options >

Slash 4x4 esc options

Slash 4x4 esc options

Old 06-26-2010, 07:35 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Slash 4x4 esc options

Unfortunatly my son toasted the stock brushless esc in his Slash 4x4 today,have been only running it on 2 cells since we got it early this year.The only other escs I have at the moment are the EZRUN 35 and 60 amp that I use in touring cars.Would the 60amp esc be able to be used in the Slash for the time being until something else can be bought(recommendations are greatly appreciated).
I also have a EZRUN 5.5t motor as well as a 13t if these might be suitable..
Sorry I am not to familiar with the requirements of the Slash..

Thanks James..
Old 06-26-2010, 07:58 PM
Tech Addict

if he managed to fry the stock esc the 60 amp wont last either
Old 06-26-2010, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

After my VXL took a dump, I picked up at Mamba Max ESC second hand from a guy I race with, its held up great so far, plus all the tuning features when you plug it in to your laptop are great.
I'd recommend it to anyone, just solder some 4mm bullets onto the Velineon motor and shorten the wires up a bit, call it a day!
Old 06-26-2010, 10:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

The MMP wakes up the Velineon a bit. You will smoke the Ezrun 5.5 if you run it. Anything more than a Velineon, move to a 550 motor like a Novak 550 Ballistic, Mamba Monster or the new Tekin SC4X (not out yet).
Old 06-26-2010, 10:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Call Traxxas and get it replaced. They are pretty good about repalcing parts, a lot of the guys I race with have had esc issues as well and they have gotten theirs replaced. Then get a mmp and keep the fixed velineon for backup or ebay it. The MMp's are awesome esc's and basically have unlimited tuning options.
Old 06-27-2010, 03:13 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks for the replies,was not really the escs fault,he was running without the shaft guard got a pebble wedged in somewhere,locked it up.
Mambas are sold out locally so will try to order one.
Another option,one friend had a coverted 1/8 scale,down with broken parts with the Novak HV pro in it,6.5t(3400kv)550 I believe,would this system work in the Slash for the time being,I do not believe that ESC will work with the Traxxas VXL motor??.

Thanks..