Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
SCRT10/HYPER 10 fragility questions >

SCRT10/HYPER 10 fragility questions

SCRT10/HYPER 10 fragility questions

Old 06-24-2010, 03:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default SCRT10/HYPER 10 fragility questions

OK i have been through every thread because im trying to make a decision on what 4wd sc to buy to race.

the only thing im getting a mixed review on is the fragility of the jammin. Im not a great driver.. hell im not even a good driver.. so Im more leaning to the Hyper..

whats your take on how sturdy the trucks are?
Old 06-24-2010, 03:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

If you go with the Hyper you better stock up on front arms. Mostly lowers, and be ready to take 75% of the front end off to change them. Also carry your camber gauge with you as you will need to set camber every time you change an arm......been there. Now I'm back with the slash. Other than that its a great truck. Good luck with what ever choice you make!!
Old 06-24-2010, 03:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Losifiend, when you coming to WCRC or mabe I'll race you at JBRL PEG. ??????

Sill haven't had the chance to run with ya.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

I'm not racing any more until the tracks get with the program and start "SCT ONLY race nights". I don't feel like wasting 6-8 hours of my life to mess with you clowns on the track for 15 minutes.

But if you want to race me that bad we can hit up Thunder Ally on Wend. since they do have SCT only racing that day.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:30 PM
Tech Champion

Avoid Ofna/Jammin/Hobo like the plague! For any class.

The Slash 4x4 looks like the one to get. I've seen some incredable moves performed by a few Slashes running 1/8th scale motor/esc's and 1/8th scale shocks.

Heard the D8 shocks fit.

I'd get a Slash 4x4, but I just pulled the trigger on a new Truggy build.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zerodefect

The Slash 4x4 looks like the one to get. I've seen some incredable moves performed by a few Slashes running 1/8th scale motor/esc's and 1/8th scale shocks.

Heard the D8 shocks fit.

Ummmm ok? The jammin's/hyper's kill the slash 4x4 on the track. I've broken 2 a-arms on my jammin but they were both my fault, one involved a brick and the other was a full speed collision with a pipe o nthe front stretch at a52 which sent me into a horrible roll. Other than that the truck has been great. A arms are easy and cheap to replace too.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Moogumby
OK i have been through every thread because im trying to make a decision on what 4wd sc to buy to race.

the only thing im getting a mixed review on is the fragility of the jammin. Im not a great driver.. hell im not even a good driver.. so Im more leaning to the Hyper..

whats your take on how sturdy the trucks are?
What it usually boils down to is what does the LHS stock for parts and with that said I know the LHS around where you and I live have zero parts support for Jammin or Hyper. I am a crappy driver and beat the crap out of my SCRT. So far the drive train has been solid. I have broken 2 a-arms and bent the turn buckles each time. Busted two stock bumpers and busted both front and rear body mounts on 1 shot.

I upgraded to the SNR stuff and it's been solid. The weak area is defiantly the front a-arms and bumper. T-Bone makes a nice bumper to replace the stock one, or the SC10 bumper works great I ran it up until last week and it was bullet proof. Over all the arms are the issue but everything else after I spent a few bucks on upgrades has been solid.

I owned a Hyper before the Jammin and drove it WAY less and it never had an issue but it also hasn't seen the beating my SCRT has. Both are great trucks, IMO I would still go with the Jammin, was not a fan of pillow balls.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:39 PM
Tech Elite

Lets not destroy this thread by debating the Slash against the Hyper/Jammin. The O.P. asked a question about the Hyper and Jammin, NOT THE SLASH. I say, if you don't have any experience with ether you should just keep trolling by.

My $.2
Old 06-24-2010, 03:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Heard the D8 shocks fit.

Zero, this is rctech. Everyone here knows the slash is a slow pos and gets dominated by the ofna's and Jammins on the track. LMAO, you seen what we do with the slash's first hand and where we finish with them, so you know better than that, but trying to convince anyone of that on here will get you labelled as a heretic!!! Oh, I forgot, we are not from California so we have no idea what we are talking about anyways. Everyone not from Kalifornistan is turtle slow, don't forget that To be a cool kid on Rc Tech, you must live in Kali, must drive a jammin, and must be intimately familiar with the nether regions of at least one driver that makes the cover of neobuggy on a regular basis
Old 06-24-2010, 03:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by losifiend
Lets not destroy this thread by debating the Slash against the Hyper/Jammin. The O.P. asked a question about the Hyper and Jammin, NOT THE SLASH. I say, if you don't have any experience with ether you should just keep trolling by.

My $.2

+1
Old 06-24-2010, 03:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Heard the D8 shocks fit.

i was thinking about the slash pe for a little bit but the high cg it has kinda led me away from it. if there was a way to beat the cg problem i might have gone with this and a different set of shocks.

Originally Posted by Ridley
Zero, this is rctech. Everyone here knows the slash is a slow pos and gets dominated by the ofna's and Jammins on the track. LMAO, you seen what we do with the slash's first hand and where we finish with them, so you know better than that, but trying to convince anyone of that on here will get you labelled as a heretic!!! Oh, I forgot, we are not from California so we have no idea what we are talking about anyways. Everyone not from Kalifornistan is turtle slow, don't forget that To be a cool kid on Rc Tech, you must live in Kali, must drive a jammin, and must be intimately familiar with the nether regions of at least one driver that makes the cover of neobuggy on a regular basis
this was just more than less then unhelpful.. LOL.. but im not from Cali and never been there.

Thanks so far for the input.. I completely forgot about the pillow ball thing. But salad has seen my driving firsthand so thats why im a little leery on getting a jammin. but if the worst of the wors is the bumper and A arms then i might just get a jammin. I was planning on the Tb bumper anyway and doing the mod like shark did with the rpm front.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:50 PM
Tech Master

I'm not racing any more until the tracks get with the program and start "SCT ONLY race nights". I don't feel like wasting 6-8 hours of my life to mess with you clowns on the track for 15 minutes.

But if you want to race me that bad we can hit up Thunder Ally on Wend. since they do have SCT only racing that day.

Can't, I work till 6 but how bout tomorrow at Hemet or do you have some excuse to delay the inevitable me beating you
Old 06-24-2010, 03:51 PM
Tech Regular

If you go with the Hyper you better stock up on front arms. Mostly lowers, and be ready to take 75% of the front end off to change them. Also carry your camber gauge with you as you will need to set camber every time you change an arm......been there. Now I'm back with the slash. Other than that its a great truck. Good luck with what ever choice you make!!
????????. 3 easy to access bolts hold on the front/rear bumper. Remove 2 screws holding the hinge pin plate. Count number of turns while screwing out pillowball. Reverse process to reinstall. Takes less then 5 minutes.

The rear is the same, but you have the bolt holding on the rear hub carrier.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by HYPERBOY
Can't, I work till 6 but how bout tomorrow at Hemet or do you have some excuse to delay the inevitable me beating you
Hemet tomorrow for sure. 4wd A-main is always a good time
Old 06-24-2010, 03:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by HYPERBOY
I didn't know I was in a "who's got the biggest rooster" contest with you, but I cant tomorrow. Some of us have a wife, kids, and our own house. We cant all live at home with mom and dad and make playing with toy cars our priority, you know?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.