Wiki Posts
Search

Jammin SCRT10 or Hyper 10SC

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 11:02 PM
Tech Addict

Default Jammin SCRT10 or Hyper 10SC

I am just wondering a few things about both model

I currently own the Hyper 10sc and I feel weird about this precipitated purchase... I feel like if I should have bought the jammin instead...

I noticed a few things on both truck and I can't seem to be making up my mind

I would like if possible someone to explain to me the main differance on the track see if I should keep the hyper 10 or change it up to the jammin

"Hyper 10 sc still in it's box"
thanks
Old 06-23-2010, 07:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...scrt-10-a.html
Old 06-23-2010, 07:46 AM
Tech Champion

The BIGGEST difference I see, is weight distribution. The Hyper has the bulk of the weight up front, giving it killer on power steering. The Jammin is a little more balanced, but can't hang with me in the corners. I can get on the power about 20-30% earlier than the Jammin.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:11 AM
Tech Adept

I feel the Hyper guys like there truck and the Jammin guys love there trucks. At our bigger 8th scale track the jammin beats up on the Hyper. It's really not close with the one's that we see. All and I mean all the Hyper guys wish they got a Jammin. Now the only reason I got away from my slash was because I drove a Hyper and loved it. The Hyper is a good truck it's just not the best Truck IMO.. And steering it's weird I know the Hyper should be better than the Jammin but the one's at out track can't turn on power. They really push out wide and you half to stop to get it to turn. Maybe these guys just gotta do mods to them. There rides are kinda stock but they don't turn well. We swapped trucks and they all wanted a Jammin.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I am the only Hyper 10SC running in a pack of Slash 4x4's and 3 or 4 Jammins and so far I have done very well against them , my last race I was 1rst in the A main . Both trucks are very capable and can be very fast with the right setup .
Old 06-23-2010, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Why does everyone Jock the jammin so hard? They hyper 10 is every bit as good as the jammin and I think it is better because of the front weight bias. Mine turns awesome, all you need is a few simple mods that are free! The chassis is also lighter when properly setup, plus has a lower cog.

HYPER 10 SINCE DAY ONE AND WOULDNT HAVE IT ANYOTHER WAY
Old 06-23-2010, 09:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

I've driven both. Both worked well. Set up and on good tires it should be a drivers race.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Here's the deal, if you like agressive driving then the Jammin is your car but it's on the more brittle side so stay off the pipes or buy lots of upper,lower arms and front upper turnbuckles those bend quite alot. The Hyper is a more stable car out of the box and has a slight push but with an easy piston mod of 1.1mm piston holes in the front and 1.2mm holes for the rear with 50wt shock makes the car more aggressive, it's a lil stronger on the pipes. Both have certain parts to make it more durable but the Jammin will take more to beef up.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:55 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by spunkysandoval
Why does everyone Jock the jammin so hard? They hyper 10 is every bit as good as the jammin and I think it is better because of the front weight bias. Mine turns awesome, all you need is a few simple mods that are free! The chassis is also lighter when properly setup, plus has a lower cog.

Word. I've been super happy with mine. The Jammin and Hyper both have there pros and cons, but at the end of the day they are both capable of the win. It comes down to setup and who has the smooth fingers.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by -R2-
Here's the deal, if you like agressive driving then the Jammin is your car but it's on the more brittle side so stay off the pipes or buy lots of upper,lower arms and front upper turnbuckles those bend quite alot. The Hyper is a more stable car out of the box and has a slight push but with an easy piston mod of 1.1mm piston holes in the front and 1.2mm holes for the rear with 50wt shock makes the car more aggressive, it's a lil stronger on the pipes. Both have certain parts to make it more durable but the Jammin will take more to beef up.
This makes me feel a >bit< better - My first run with the Jammin' I tapped a fencepost in a slide and fractured the rear a-arm where the sway bar link screw goes through. Now have an order into Nitrohouse so I can hopefully race on Sat.

I hate to blasphem - but after looking at the Slash 4x4 more closely I kinda wish they offered it as a roller - haven't run one - but looks like a higher quality truck to me. I'm going to try to test drive one and possibly negotiate a trade with someone who has the "car of the month" mentality!
Old 06-23-2010, 10:07 AM
Tech Rookie

I have both.
seem small track Jammin feel better because more steering but Hyper feels better on big track more stable.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spunkysandoval

hahahaha. they "jock it" because they have been beat by it several times. i say the hyper for a 8ths scale outdoor but the jammin for indoor clay. i have run the jammin for 5 mo now and never finished lower then 4th. and i have only broken 1 bumper. nothing else