Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Timbulb

Down with expensive lipos!
WHAT HE SAID lol
Old 06-23-2010, 09:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by millerman23
WHAT HE SAID lol
To good people, I don't want to pay for a name, I just want a good battery!!!, I've spent alot on batteries. I'm a basher with the need for a good
lipo that will not break the bank. So for all of us like me give me LINK'S PLEASE!!.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I did give a link...

www.hobbyking.com
Old 06-23-2010, 10:13 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Question on the Turnigy 5000mah

Will my Dynamite Mega 1 Charger be about able to charge it?

How long will I normally need to charge it for?
Old 06-23-2010, 10:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

I did give a link...

www.hobbyking.com
Thank you. I know you did, I'm after as many as I can get, for all the bashers out there or people with a budget!. Cheers
Old 06-23-2010, 10:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

As long as your charger charges lipos I don't see why not. How long will depend on how low you run it. I'm guessing 45minutes from the lowest you can run it, charged at 5amps

Originally Posted by K-Train
Question on the Turnigy 5000mah

Will my Dynamite Mega 1 Charger be about able to charge it?

How long will I normally need to charge it for?
Old 06-23-2010, 10:34 AM
Tech Adept

As long as your charger charges lipos I don't see why not. How long will depend on how low you run it. I'm guessing 45minutes from the lowest you can run it, charged at 5amps
I have been hearing stuff about Constant chargers.....

Here's the specs on my charger

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Quick-Charger
Old 06-23-2010, 10:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by K-Train
I have been hearing stuff about Constant chargers.....

Here's the specs on my charger

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Quick-Charger
That will not charge lipos
Old 06-23-2010, 11:00 AM
Tech Master

www.hobbyking.com

Down with expensive lipos!
Whoa calm down, Timbulb.

And Driver86, my argument is that low-cost Li-pos won't give you the same performance as would a top name Li-po (i.e. SMC, Orion, Checkpoint, and the like) during its lifetime. AND, during that shorter lifetime, you won't get as good as performance as you would with expensive, high-quality Li-pos.

Look at it like this: Buying AA dry cells for your transmitter vs. Buying a Li-po pack (high quality!!!!) for your transmitter. At first, if you go with AAs, it may seem like a good idea, but you'll just have to buy more AAs because of their shorter lifespan. Buying a Li-po pack will be the higher cost initially, but it will pay for itself.

Just consider that.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I have TP, zippy and turnigy and honestly I can't tell the difference. I paid more for my TP 2s pack than I did for 2x turnigy 4s hard case packs.

Even if my turnigys only last 1/2 the time of a tp pack it's all good because I only paid 1/4 the price for them. And as far as I can tell running them for the last year they last just as long.

I've turned a few guys on to hobby king lipos and they all love them. If u can wait a week or two to get your packs then in my opinion you should try them.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by taco94
Whoa calm down, Timbulb.

And Driver86, my argument is that low-cost Li-pos won't give you the same performance as would a top name Li-po (i.e. SMC, Orion, Checkpoint, and the like) during its lifetime. AND, during that shorter lifetime, you won't get as good as performance as you would with expensive, high-quality Li-pos.

Look at it like this: Buying AA dry cells for your transmitter vs. Buying a Li-po pack (high quality!!!!) for your transmitter. At first, if you go with AAs, it may seem like a good idea, but you'll just have to buy more AAs because of their shorter lifespan. Buying a Li-po pack will be the higher cost initially, but it will pay for itself.

Just consider that.
Do you have any evidence that backs up your argument? Without evidence, it is just talk. Like I posted above, I have owned tp packs and turnigy/zippy packs. I could not tell the difference between them when they were new and after over 100 cycles my zippy's still perform the same they did when they were new. And how do you define high quality?? They all have the same cells in them, they are just put together in different countries.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Zachfeen
Do you have any evidence that backs up your argument? Without evidence, it is just talk. Like I posted above, I have owned tp packs and turnigy/zippy packs. I could not tell the difference between them when they were new and after over 100 cycles my zippy's still perform the same they did when they were new. And how do you define high quality?? They all have the same cells in them, they are just put together in different countries.
When I say high quality, I mean companies that are proven (i.e. Maxamps, Intellect, Checkpoint, and the like). As far as I'm concerned, these Turnigys and Zippys and whatnot are not proven.

As for you stating that all packs have the same cells in them, that isn't true. Companies like Turnigys and stuff are using cheap cells with many problems. Orion and Peak Racing (an affiliate to Orion), though, uses Kokam cells made in South Korea, and these Orion cells are definitley top-shelf stuff.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by taco94
When I say high quality, I mean companies that are proven (i.e. Maxamps, Intellect, Checkpoint, and the like). As far as I'm concerned, these Turnigys and Zippys and whatnot are not proven.

As for you stating that all packs have the same cells in them, that isn't true. Companies like Turnigys and stuff are using cheap cells with many problems. Orion and Peak Racing (an affiliate to Orion), though, uses Kokam cells made in South Korea, and these Orion cells are definitley top-shelf stuff.
You're right. You should keep buying those "top shelf" packs and paying "top shelf" prices so when I want to buy some more hobby city packs they'll be in stock. Lol.
This debate happens every couple of months at least. I'll never convince you that turnigys are just as good, you'll never convince me to pay $200 for
a pack. As long as were having fun it's all good.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcgod
You're right. You should keep buying those "top shelf" packs and paying "top shelf" prices so when I want to buy some more hobby city packs they'll be in stock. Lol.
This debate happens every couple of months at least. I'll never convince you that turnigys are just as good, you'll never convince me to pay $200 for
a pack. As long as were having fun it's all good.
precisely! its funny how many times you see this. my mind is made up, and when i finally get the time to race and need a ROAR approved pack, then maybe I will buy one of the other names.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I run Turnigy without issues. I have several friends that can get Max Amps well below cost and they still run Turnigy/Zippy except for ROAR races. I've run a friends Max Amps and didn't notice any performance difference. I could see a possible difference in onroad but offroad your not going to use the full potential of the motors and batts anyway. JMO

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.