Community
Wiki Posts
Search

El Cajon RC speedway in San Diego

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 09:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

I started racing in 92 and raced at Ed and Linda's little "bullring" track in Lakeside. Gary Guest was a regular there back then and ran some of the races to. The old days were great for racing!
Old 05-11-2011, 09:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
Were you racing there during the time stamp on these pictues? summerish of 89? What is your name? The normal race night back then, were tuesday nights!... raced there every tuesday with my dad (who didnt race himself)
I was there a little bit earlier. Don't remember for sure. I'm thinking it was when it added the offroad. If I remember correctly, it had the 1/5 scale track already but had recently added the offroad when I started there.

My name is Eric Smith
Old 05-11-2011, 09:56 AM
Tech Adept

Hope you old-timers have made it out to the new indoor track in SD
http://sdrcraceway.com/

My first car that I raced was a gold tub CE, but I was up north back then.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jdegraff57z
Hope you old-timers have made it out to the new indoor track in SD
http://sdrcraceway.com/

My first car that I raced was a gold tub CE, but I was up north back then.
Wish I could. My folks still live in Escondido, but I'm all the way on the other coast now.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chiro972
I used to race there. Kris Moore and Barry Baker also used to race there regularly. Back in those days we also had the track at Jack Murphy stadium (Qualcomm) and I also used to race at Eddie and Linda's place in Del Mar. Great times back then. I started with a gold tub RC10 and bought the first JRX2 that Eddie got into the shop.
Whoa... cool thread. Yeah my first race ever was in Del Mar. I would race there and at the track at Jack Murphy Stadium. Back then oval was king and us offroaders got whatever space was available in the center of the oval.

Then in the early 90's it was all about Lakeside and DHW until Lakeside closed and eventually Ed opened up the track in El Cajon, which is about when I quit. I didn't start racing again until 98 or 99, and by that time DHW was the only choice.

Ed have you heard from Jim? Last I spoke to him was about 6 years ago.
Old 05-11-2011, 04:21 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shocker
Then in the early 90's it was all about Lakeside and DHW until Lakeside closed and eventually Ed opened up the track in El Cajon, which is about when I quit
nah.. the track in el cajon predates the track in lakeside.. by many years. I raced at the Cajon track in 88, and it had been there long before that.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default RC track on Navy base

Hey
Does anyone remember the track on the Navy base in SD?
How about pictures.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:12 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Skip109
Hey
How about pictures.
Yes!... it was called, NTC Rc raceway or something... I raced there a couple of times, but the race program there was pretty much undeveloped. It was normally tuesday nights at Cajon for me.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
nah.. the track in el cajon predates the track in lakeside.. by many years. I raced at the Cajon track in 88, and it had been there long before that.
I should have said re-opened, sorry. In 92' when I started racing again I'm pretty sure the only track open in the east county was Lakeside.

Originally Posted by Skip109
Hey
How about pictures.
My Uncle and I would go there and just run our rc10's all day in the early-mid 80's. The track was pretty basic but good sized and a lot of fun.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:29 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Shocker
My Uncle and I would go there and just run our rc10's all day in the early-mid 80's. The track was pretty basic but good sized and a lot of fun.
I only raced at the NTC track once... first time i ever strapped in a mod motor! I ran the black mod motor that came with the JRX2 pro kit. I think I still have it actually.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:56 AM
Tech Lord

Gotta bump this thread every once in a while... in case there are any other Cajon speedway racers out there!
Old 11-04-2011, 02:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

I didnt start racing until 92 so I missed out on the hey day of El Cajon even though I lived/grew up in Santee and even went to the Speedway to watch real car racing.

I raced at Lakeside (Ed and Lindas) for a few years, raced at El Cajon once or twice after Mopar Ed revived it , and then DHW in Clairemont as well as going up to RCH, SoCal, M&M and Yorba Linda (not to mention the several other outdoor tracks that were around).

I raced at the NTC track a couple of times too...even have some video footage. Have to upload some of my old videos to Youtube and post them up.
Old 11-04-2011, 02:38 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by hopsing
I didnt start racing until 92 so I missed out on the hey day of El Cajon even though I lived/grew up in Santee and even went to the Speedway to watch real car racing.

I raced at Lakeside (Ed and Lindas) for a few years, raced at El Cajon once or twice after Mopar Ed revived it , and then DHW in Clairemont as well as going up to RCH, SoCal, M&M and Yorba Linda (not to mention the several other outdoor tracks that were around).

I raced at the NTC track a couple of times too...even have some video footage. Have to upload some of my old videos to Youtube and post them up.
Definitely!
Old 11-04-2011, 03:20 PM

Trader Rating: 470 (100%+)

I remember that track in El Cajon. The lakeside track was a blast. I remember racing my Traxxas Hawk and getting smoked by the new Rc10t. Everybody dyed there plastics back then.......
Old 11-04-2011, 04:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hopsing

I loved the old SoCal @ Garden Grove; track was huge for an indoor. Black light racing kicked ass! What track was in Yorba Linda?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.