Wiki Posts
Search

BOOO tekin RX8

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 08:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default BOOO tekin RX8

Well my second rx8 and the same two problems.

lights 1, 3 , 5 flash. Low voltage error

Ive got a new lipo in there works great with a mamba monster.
Through it on the hot wire, I even turn the voltage cut off "off". and it still wont move.

Ive called Tekin, and they said to send it in. Im still waiting for my first one to come back. Been over a month now.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm just trying to help..So dont take it wrong..why make a new thread on it..

Post in the RX8 thread..The Tekin guys are quick to respond...In addition throw a PM to them so you have it all covered...
Old 06-11-2010, 08:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racingnazy
Well my second rx8 and the same two problems.

lights 1, 3 , 5 flash. Low voltage error

Ive got a new lipo in there works great with a mamba monster.
Through it on the hot wire, I even turn the voltage cut off "off". and it still wont move.

Ive called Tekin, and they said to send it in. Im still waiting for my first one to come back. Been over a month now.
have you tried turning it off through the esc and not use the hotwire?
Old 06-11-2010, 09:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

You can only play with the 2-3 cell voltage cut off manually. 4-6 cell requires the usage of the hotwire.

I didnt know they had there own thread. thanks for the info.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Did they change their software? Because when I had mine over 6 months ago you could adjust from 2S to 6S on the speedo its self.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:50 PM
Tech Champion

check the rx8 thread, 1,3,5 means something bad, real bad, last time I checked. Forget what though.
Old 06-12-2010, 11:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default re tekin rx8 1-3-5 lights

if you are getting 1-3-5 led lights flashing together thats pretty much the lights of death for your esc.

i had a new version of the rx8 with the red heatsink and i had the exact same problem with the 1-3-5 lights.

sent it back to tekin and according to the thread on here its something to do with the board inside the esc.

been a few weeks since i shipped it back to tekin for warranty repair.
Old 06-12-2010, 11:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

well there is an even newer version of the rx8 that just started shipping, randy was swapping them out at the Manufacturers shootout for older versions, mine old version i have had since last october had never gave me a bit of trouble in my truggy and this new hasnt given me any trouble yet either (knock on wood). So i havent had any trouble out of any version but the latest versions are shipping now thats for sure.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Man I hope they have enough mark up on these things. The 1/8 esc have been nasty for pretty much any of the manufactures.

I would like to try a RX8 after they are 100%
Old 06-13-2010, 04:34 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by fallguy
Man I hope they have enough mark up on these things. The 1/8 esc have been nasty for pretty much any of the manufactures.

I would like to try a RX8 after they are 100%

Thats assuming that that'll ever happen with any ESC co. in 1/8th scale. And thats a bold statement when 3 out of ten nitro cars are coming off the track with broken crankcases due to huge hits off monster jumps.

There are alot of poorly designed jumps and landing ramps out there to keep on killing these things.

But the latest batch of RX8's and MMM are working well. Last three fires I've seen were all older gen ESC's.
Old 06-13-2010, 07:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
Thats assuming that that'll ever happen with any ESC co. in 1/8th scale. And thats a bold statement when 3 out of ten nitro cars are coming off the track with broken crankcases due to huge hits off monster jumps.

There are alot of poorly designed jumps and landing ramps out there to keep on killing these things.

But the latest batch of RX8's and MMM are working well. Last three fires I've seen were all older gen ESC's.
What track do you race at? I've been racing 1/8th scale nitro for over 12 years and have never seen a failure rate you speak of and we've raced on some pretty big blow out tracks, 3 out of 10 with broken crank cases, I've rarely seen motor failures at all, I've seen allot of tuning issues either due to the motor it's self or user error, but nothing that couldn't be resolved with the help of fellow racers, not saying there not a pain in the a$% sometimes but I've never seen or heard of that kind of failure rate.
Old 06-13-2010, 07:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jnyrcr
What track do you race at? I've been racing 1/8th scale nitro for over 12 years and have never seen a failure rate you speak of and we've raced on some pretty big blow out tracks, 3 out of 10 with broken crank cases, I've rarely seen motor failures at all, I've seen allot of tuning issues either due to the motor it's self or user error, but nothing that couldn't be resolved with the help of fellow racers, not saying there not a pain in the a$% sometimes but I've never seen or heard of that kind of failure rate.
1/8th electric thats why
Old 06-13-2010, 08:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 75 (99%+)

Turn around is usually pretty quick. Did you get an RA and send it in with the service form? I got mine back within 2 weeks.
Old 06-13-2010, 08:10 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

i'm sure they will put matters to right. if u've seen how hard these guys are working to ensure this stuff takes off even more than it has already. u'd feel better about the situation. And yes i have seen the work in person at the factory. good stuff.

R
Old 06-13-2010, 08:35 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jnyrcr
Oh, I never threw my car down there. I was just passing through Alabamba for work and thought I'd swing by. Admittedly, I haven't seen such craziness ever since, but there are plenty of flying yahoo tracks down there in the sunnier states.

Never seen such carnage, cars flying 10 feet off the ground for 30-40 feet easy! Just way, way over done. But they had long straight lanes, and long landing ramps, a boring layout with massive jumps.

Hopefully someone remembers what that crazy event was called. SIC?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.