Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Factory Team SC10

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 02:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Krio
The only real differences between the ss and ballistic motors are rebuildability and timing adjustment. If you leave the ballistic at N you can't tell what motor you're using. For offroad I like to recommend that "open" style motors are an invite to trouble. The tekin redline motors are closed and offer the best timing adjustment if you are planning on picking up a timing boost esc of any brand.

For 2wd short course racing you don't need anything more than the regular RS.
I can vouch for Krio here. I have been chasing him in 2WD stock class for a while and the Tekin RS/Redline combo works well in his SC10. I am dreaming of that set-up someday or maybe the Havoc Pro SC if the timing adjustment is good. See you at Stateline July 10th Chris...

Tom Erickson
Old 06-10-2010, 02:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bbrace3m
do you think the mmp will be a close contender with the rs pro?
I have raced against both and been looking into both for some time. They both offer similar timing advance but the Tekin software is more flexible. Now is this enough to put the RS over the MMP? I can't really say but they both beat my Havoc Sport for speed range.

I will have dynamic timing advance before the next Indoor season at Washtenaw.