Wiki Posts
Search

SERVO PROBLEM??? CAN U HELP??

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 02:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default SERVO PROBLEM??? CAN U HELP??

I just put a brand new hs 7954sh in my ve8 and its acting wierd? It keeps making my reciever cut out and Im using a sr3000rx with a dx3s. I had a hitec 5645 in it and it was fine, I also tried my new turnigy hv767 and its doing the same thing. So Im pretty sure that both servos cant be bad? Do I have to re bind the reciever with that servo or do I need a separate bec? I running the mamba monster esc and motor. So if you could help that would be great!! Thanks!!
Old 06-06-2010, 02:31 PM
Tech Champion

Try removing the pin with the red wire from your ESC, tape it off. Plug in a 8.4v Lipo Rx pack and see if everything works well then.

Or just plug 2 servos into the Rx and a RX pack. If 2 servos work fine under load with the Rx pack output, then your ESC is weak.

I've seen a few ESc's with bad voltage output to the Rx.
Old 06-06-2010, 02:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

But I tried both servos in my ten t and they work in there? So what would cause that? Beacuse there both spectrum rx's? I gues I can try to bind it again and see what happens? But please let me know what you think?? Thanks everyone!!
Old 06-06-2010, 02:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

I dont have a reciever pack though?
Old 06-06-2010, 08:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Anyone?
Old 06-06-2010, 09:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gettinbrushless
Anyone?
It sounds like the BEC, or voltage output, in your ESC is weak.

Does your ten t not have a receiver pack in it? plug something around 7v into the receiver as Zerodefect said and if it fixes it, send the MMM to Castle
Old 06-06-2010, 09:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

K Ill have to try that and see what happens? It sucks because I just got that esc and when you send stuff to castle it takes a while!!
Old 06-06-2010, 09:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Thats why nobody recommends HV servos in E cars because they never get the voltage they need so its worthless to pay the extra cash. A 7955 would have been fine. Most bec's dont even give out 6V. I went with the 7985 for my Ve8 because its a tad faster than my ol 5955 and since it gets less voltage it evens it out. For example my Xerun bec gives out 5.75V.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yeah thats great but I bought it on here and I got a great deal!! So its not that big of a deal!! If I have to Ill just get a separate bec.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:24 AM
Tech Addict

You can probably get away with just a "glitch buster" capacitor on the RX power. Spektrum sells one. It just plugs into any open socket on the RX and has a capacitor to help feed power to the servo under high current peaks. The Spektrum RX is very picky about the power dipping at all. I was having all kinds of issues with an Airtronics 94773M digital servo. The steering with it was working fine, but it was making the throttle go nuts and occasionally making the RX drop out of link. Once I added a glitch buster cap, the problem is gone. Switching BEC's are very efficient and can drop from high voltages down to the 6 or so without making much heat, but they do have one failing. They are a bit too slow to deal with the very fast current pulses that high power digital servos demand. Even just trying to sit still, they tend to suck fast pulses of current to hold them centered. A Linear BEC handles it just fine, but the switching ones need to adjust their output constantly to hold the voltage as the load changes. The capacitor just gives the BEC that little extra time to respond and adjust it's current output to hold the voltage much better.