Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
What are the best buggies for an electric conversion? >

What are the best buggies for an electric conversion?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What are the best buggies for an electric conversion?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 09:00 AM
Tech Champion

Default What are the best buggies for an electric conversion?

What do you think?

I plan to buy an used 1/8 nitro buggy and convert it to brushless with a tekin or Castle motor & ESC. I already own a MBX5R brushless but I need a second buggy for my girlfriend

I need a buggy that is strong, easy to drive (neutral if possible), and doesn't need a lot of parts to be fast.

Do you have any recommendation?
Old 05-31-2010, 09:03 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pulse_
What do you think?

I plan to buy an used 1/8 nitro buggy and convert it to brushless with a tekin or Castle motor & ESC. I already own a MBX5R brushless but I need a second buggy for my girlfriend

I need a buggy that is strong, easy to drive (neutral if possible), and doesn't need a lot of parts to be fast.

Do you have any recommendation?
The Hotbodies D8 is a very easy to drive buggy and tough also.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:29 AM
Tech Champion

Xray 810- Great once you learn to remove the pinion bearing sheilds that face the diff. Also need to shim the front diff over tight. Shim between the bulkhead and ouside of diff bearing. (not between outdrive and diff) Tons of steering, plush suspension. Box setup sucks, check out online setups.

Mugen MBX6- fine once you fiqure out what diff fluids and springs to run that'll alow it to turn.

Hotbodies D8- rotates funny, alot of rotation, heavy feeling like Odonnels cars, needs rear droop added or longer shocks or something. (unless they've fixed taht. Way better than a VE8.

Losi 8E- no conversion needed. Floppy steering link needs constant repairs.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

check out rc-monster and see what conversions they sell. I had a losi and liked the idea of the plastic center diff. It was durable but quiet. Look at parts availability also.
Old 05-31-2010, 05:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Pulse....For the price of a used chassis and a conversion you could have a new Caster Fusion 1.5R buggy that is electric right out of the gate. The car is really tough and is right in between the AE and the Losi as far as handling goes. Neutral and stable, best of both worlds.
Old 05-31-2010, 05:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

You could also pick up a Ve8 for less than a used buggy with a conversion kit, also I think caster has some really good deals on their original fusion EX 1 for 199.00 new, http://www.casterracingusa.com/home.php , something to think about.