Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/8 scale diff help

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 03:39 PM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? 1/8 scale diff help

i just started racing 1/8 scale truggys for the first time, i am running a rc8te with a tekin rx8 and t8 2000kv combo with a 4 cell lipo 35c but i cant seam to keep the front end down under acceleration. i am running the speedo on its mildest settings and every one at the track keeps telling me it is my diff oils(but are all different ideas on what to do). i have always raced 1/10 scale so this is completely foriegn to me any suggestions are info on what changing the diff oils will do.
Old 05-31-2010, 03:50 PM
Tech Champion

Diffs won't help, your trcks putting the power down well if it's trying to wheelie. Reducing your center diff fluid will send more power to the front and allow the front to diff out.

Are your front tires ballooning but your rears aren't? Then use thicker center diff fluid.

reduce front droop
move battery forward
soften front suspension (maybe getting bounced up into the air)
stiffen rear suspension
add antisquat
use less trigger, be smoother
increase rear wheelbase
Old 05-31-2010, 04:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

if you use thinner diff oil the front tires will probably balloon a lot. you could put thicker oil in it and make it so it takes off really hard so the the rear tires slip and dont get any traction then it wont wheelie and it will be a nice controlled take off.