Wiki Posts
Search

Good ole spektrum

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 01:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Thumbs down Good ole spektrum

Its great how Rc technology is advancing everyday, but in some areas I still stick with old school stuff..

Ive been testing different elecs in my1/8 buggy, and the spektrum rx always seemed to give me a problem. In order for me to run my spektrum systemi needed to install a capacitor to the aux rx slot. Standing nextto the vehicle it would be fine, but move 10 feet back, and the car does nothing but glitch. At some points it even lost all power.Dont get me wrong the system runs fine with a glitchbuster, capacitor with a positive and negative wire with a futaba rx plug at the other end.

Today I decided to play around with a 5$ am rx. Plugged everything up, and the system ran fine withno buster installed. Its great how a 30$ am module and 5$ rx works just as good as a spektrum system.

Although the range might not be as great, I still feel the throttle and steering response is as good. Some people are probably going to argue this statement.

Just making a point, that a 150$ module and reciever will have its problems when a 40$ am system will work fine with no problems at all..