Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Slash Aluminum steering blocks **** STRC or Traxxas? >

Slash Aluminum steering blocks **** STRC or Traxxas?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Slash Aluminum steering blocks **** STRC or Traxxas?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 06:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default Slash Aluminum steering blocks **** STRC or Traxxas?

I have decided to go with an aluminum steering block upgrade for my sons 2wd Slash and it will either be the Traxxas set

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...earings-Blue-2

or the STRC set

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Bearings-Blue

I obviously like the price of the STRC set over the Traxxas set, but I wanted to ask if anyone can tell me how the STRC ones hold up. I also see that the arm on the STRC set it longer then stock, will this increase steering when using the outer most position on the longer arm?

The Traxxas set looks a little more beefy to me which is the reason I'm upgrading to aluminum in the first place, but I have always thought the Slash could use a little more steering so as long as the STRC set will hold up well killing two birds with one stone would also be nice.

Thanks for your input!
Old 05-29-2010, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

I think Traxxas alum bits area better fit. I have used both STRC and TRX. If your son is racing,, you may ewand to look into Integy caster blocks. They have 2 types. 1 set has the 1 camber link hole and the other has 3 for more roll center adjustment. If you use ant of the upper holes in the block, you can run STRC pins so you don't have to worry about bending pins again