Wiki Posts
Search

Sand Slash brushless motor debate

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 08:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default Sand Slash brushless motor debate

So if anyone saw my other thread I ended up with a real nice slash. Now to pick the powerplant.

I have heard of tons of issues with the VXL esc. That combo however is pretty cheap and water "resistant."

The mamba maxx is what I always ran in my 10th scales and they have been pretty good, however the lowest KV is 4600 compared to the traxxas 3500 which would be better since sand and paddles is gonna demand more torque.

The mamba maxx pro is for some reason cheaper than the mamba maxx. That makes zero sense to me. Is it a heep?

Whats all your opinions?
Old 05-27-2010, 11:21 PM
Tech Rookie

I read that Mamba Max Pro is cheaper because it uses newer technology that's cheaper and easier to make then the old stuff, I don't how true it is but cool that new one better and cost less.

I've heard the Traxxas 3500kv motor work great with a Mamba Max and the Pro. I've got a MMP with the 4600kv motor in my rustler and I having heat issues when bashing on 7.2v and its not even really hot here in Oklahoma yet, well I don't think its hot but others seem too. So yeah I think a 3500kv motor would be great paired with a MMP.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

i'd suggest the MMP with a novak 550 size motor if you want a heat resistant motor and lots of torque. and yes, the vxl motor is a good combo with castle sensorless escs.