Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
People getting mad at corner marshalls??? >

People getting mad at corner marshalls???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

People getting mad at corner marshalls???

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 01:07 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)
Default People getting mad at corner marshalls???

Hey guys. To start out here, I have never corner marshall in my life, due to the fact that I am in a wheelchair. But if I do roll over, I am not the guy that starts screaming at the corner marshall. At the local track that I run at, we have ALOT of people in my opinion that throw a fit when they rollover and the corner marshall isnt there in half a second. We have alot of kids there and they like to corner marshall during our qualifers and I have witnessed guys that roll the trucks over, scream at the kids and cuss because they are not the fast people out there. I hate it. That is uncalled for. Our track manager has said something to the guys that do this. In my book, get mad at yourself for rolling over your truck. I have seen guys get mad cause they are not fast enough to get to there truck and actually blame the marshalls for losing the race. Yeah, there is a point in there if it take a marshall a minute to get to your truck but how often does that actually happen. I just thought I would say something cause to me, its uncalled for.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:12 PM
AMZ
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by diesel32x
Hey guys. To start out here, I have never corner marshall in my life, due to the fact that I am in a wheelchair. But if I do roll over, I am not the guy that starts screaming at the corner marshall. At the local track that I run at, we have ALOT of people in my opinion that throw a fit when they rollover and the corner marshall isnt there in half a second. We have alot of kids there and they like to corner marshall during our qualifers and I have witnessed guys that roll the trucks over, scream at the kids and cuss because they are not the fast people out there. I hate it. That is uncalled for. Our track manager has said something to the guys that do this. In my book, get mad at yourself for rolling over your truck. I have seen guys get mad cause they are not fast enough to get to there truck and actually blame the marshalls for losing the race. Yeah, there is a point in there if it take a marshall a minute to get to your truck but how often does that actually happen. I just thought I would say something cause to me, its uncalled for.
A true test of a mans patience , is not to yell to the turn marshals during a race.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

its up the the track manager, if there's no penalties given out they have no reason to stop

if you cuss on the drivers stand here you get banned from the track for a month
Old 05-24-2010, 01:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 308 (100%+)

People need to remember that the marshall didn't cause the wreck. Chances are it was your own fault. I just don't understand why people start yelling when their up there.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have been upside down before for a few minutes without shouting at a marshall. The way I look at it, I am the reason I am there, so they're doing me a favor. Granted, I'm not usually in contention for first or second, but my guess is if you are, you don't really need the marshalls anyway.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:19 PM
Tech Regular

We just corner marshal our own cars and trucks! You can yell at yourself for sucking and being out of shape as you run off the stand to marshall.

It's the only excersize some get all week!
Old 05-24-2010, 01:20 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

at some point, the track director has to take it upon himself to make it a point that if you are going to do that, then don't come and race. The problem I have seen is that at some tracks, the guys doing the yelling are the ones who may spend a good amount of money at the LHS if there is one, so the directors then are not inclined as much to do anything.

whats ironic about it though is that this in turn can drive people AWAY from the racing aspect of the hobby, as well as the hobby all together. Which, then hurts the track in sales of stuff.

To me at least, I haven't found a reason yet to yell at a marshall. Does it suck if they are slow to flip your car over, especially if they are not paying attention? sure and I do get frustrated at times, but, if I didn't flip it in the first place, wouldn't be an issue and its not there fault that I flipped.

Getting all worked up like they do doesn't make you any faster. Just makes you look like an ass.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:41 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

The thing that gets me the most is the at the track I race at, there are grown ups yelling at the kids that are out there marshalling. That is what gets me the most. I agree, there should be a penalty for yelling at the marshalls. They are out there to help us.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Yelling to get the attention of a daydreaming Marshall ( we have all seen this ) is one thing. Yelling at ( cursing) them is another.
Old 05-24-2010, 02:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

One thing that irritates me when I marshal are the people who never let off the throttle. Was marshaling yesterday and someone was nosed into the wall, still going full out when I got to it. I refused to marshal it until he let off the throttle. Of course he yelled "C'mon" to which I told him to let off the throttle. Same kid will gun the throttle as your about 1/2 way flipping over his car, which sometimes makes it flip more than you intended leaving him upside down again. His dad runs the races and tells him to knock it off all the time but that doesn't work.
Old 05-24-2010, 02:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Jamie James
Yelling to get the attention of a daydreaming Marshall ( we have all seen this ) is one thing. Yelling at ( cursing) them is another.
Exactly if the Marshall is in lala land than getting his attention with a quick "hey Marshall" is in order.
Old 05-24-2010, 02:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Only corner marshal I yell at is my kid.
Old 05-24-2010, 02:21 PM
Tech Master

From all the racing I've done 9 times out of 10 either spectators or the announcer will get their attention for me, besides yelling just puts you and others in a bad mood and can ruin the race for everyone. Take the time, your on your lid, take a deep breath in/out and then pin it to win it!!!
Old 05-24-2010, 02:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

How about you get mad at yourself for crashing in the first place.

Take some days off work and go by yourself, walk to the stand, if you crash walk and get it, you will learn how to be fast without crashing this way.
I can go maybe 6 runs with a mild wreck from hugging the pipe to close.
You learn to be robotic with what it takes to do things the same way over and over.

Also you must learn your personal limitations
Old 05-24-2010, 02:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

I mad at marshal most of the time when wreck was caused by someone else or if the marshal is taking just too long. If it was my mistake I am calm unless marshal takes his time like at a race two weeks ago i was leading by over 10 seconds in a last lap and made a mistake. Next to marshal. He was like 2feet next to my car. I was calm for like 5 seconds as I made the mistake but 10 seconds to turn over an electric car (no fumes, no hot motor) that was too much even for me.

And the same guy yells at marshals when they don't turn his car fast enough.

Anyway marshals should be watched over by referees/track announcer as not always you see the wreck on a bigger track and penalties given to those who yell at marshals and marshals who just take their time on purpose. Marshal safety first but if a guy first tries to pull up his sagging pants ........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.