Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
People getting mad at corner marshalls??? >

People getting mad at corner marshalls???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

People getting mad at corner marshalls???

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jdeadman
Yo know what! I am overweight and if you ever!! Yelled at me for taking an extra microsecond to get to your car you would be thrown off the drivers stand. I bust my butt out there. I don;t care what size you are, you are able to Marshal just a well. And leave your whiny attitude somewhere else. The last person to yell at anyone with out good reason I disqualified them and sent them home!! That is unacceptable PERIOD!!!

Also to the comment earlier about ppl reving there cars while I was marshaling get tossed off the track upside down. No warnings!
HAHA!!! Someone taking that a little personal eh?
I'm 6'5 and 295 pounds (should be closer to 260 ) but that don't mean a damn thing. I've seen people literally 1/2 my size take twice as long. You don't wait for a crash. You see a car that MAY crash and you begin to move toward it. If it doesn't crash, you're good. If it does you're that much closer to it. There is absolutely no excuses.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:20 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

I try and marshall like I race, as fast as I can (no comments needed here). But how many times on the stand does your legs shake, hands go numb, etc...We all get plenty nervous up there, and during a crash, a little worked up. Then you get a bad marshall, and usually because we are p.oed at ourselves, we react a little harshly. --I feel bad when I give a bad marshall, but I dont get offended when the driver yells, he's already on edge and then crashed..Heck try being a pit guy when the sh-- hits the fan...Now there is some tension.....
Old 05-24-2010, 07:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 227 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flame56mx
I try and marshall like I race, as fast as I can (no comments needed here). But how many times on the stand does your legs shake, hands go numb, etc...We all get plenty nervous up there, and during a crash, a little worked up. Then you get a bad marshall, and usually because we are p.oed at ourselves, we react a little harshly. --I feel bad when I give a bad marshall, but I dont get offended when the driver yells, he's already on edge and then crashed..Heck try being a pit guy when the sh-- hits the fan...Now there is some tension.....
+1...well said! I marshal folks cars the way I want to be marshaled, quick fast and in a hurry. Two races ago I actually had another racer say to me, "why are you in such a hurry(driver's car had flamed out and I was running his car back to the pits)....!" So many of us get to day dreaming while we are marshaling that we forget to pay attention to our little sphere of responsibility.

I will admit that I have a slight case of driver's stand syndrome (counseling is working well for me) and have been known to raise my voice at a marshal or two, primarily with the electrics. The reality is this, if you push yourself hard enough you will flip over from time to time and it is the responsibility of the guy TM'ing that spot to be prompt with the correction. How many times do you see a guy smoking a cigarette or messing with his phone or just plain ol' not paying attention, while they are supposed to be TM'ing the race...that makes me crazy. How many guys TM'ing were otherwise distracted while the boys were racing at the Worlds Last year? The reality is we spend a great sum of money to pursue this hobby, regardless of your skill level, and someone's poor attitude about TM'ing can impact your day, especially if you vying for the top position.

At the end of the day I think we all want the same thing, to be shown the same courtesy and proficiency as that which we provide while it is our time to man the cones.

See you boys on the battlefield!
Old 05-24-2010, 08:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

At the track I go to kids are not allowed to Marshal. The thing that got me over the weekend was the fact that the nitro guys would not marshal. My friend had to volunteer to help out for 10 races that he did not have to. The nitro guys from out of town just sat there and watched.

We had one guy we watched all day. He was yelling at the Marshals all day, then in the main he started yelling at his pit guy. He volunteered when his son was racing (my turn to marshal) and all he did was watch what his son was doing and not his area. Then had the nerve to start yelling at the other Marshals because they were not getting to his son truck fast enough even though his son never let off the throttle, and about hit me when I was standing in the off area watching my area, not expecting a car to come from almost behind me.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:16 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Yeah, unfortunately we can never rid ourselves of all the "Creeps" for lack of a better PG13 word. There are a lot of people who are in their own world even more than most of us, and unfortunately the word "Hypocrite" doesn't seem to be in their, or the U.S. dictionary for that matter
(that may have been a political jab--sorry). All we can do, is be happy we are not all the same...
Old 05-24-2010, 08:54 PM
Tech Prophet

well my opinion on mashalls is that, they are human and when its 90 @ or hotter out and, humit you get tried lol. heck if im gone to rush to mashall to pick up a car i mean, il pay attention and pick up the car .

i dont like to be yelled at if im not, paying attention when turnmarshing i get mad if they are day dreaming but, i not yell at them i just say it in my head and get more aggrestive on the driving lol.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)

when im racing,and I screw up,and stuff my car or truck. I don't say anything.it's my fault. the TM will get me in due time,and when i Tm I keep an eye on the leader,and if it looks like a car or truck might have a problem,i start heading towards them.and I xpect the drivers on the stand,to keep quiet,just like i did,when it was my turn to race