Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mamba Monster ESC Problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 10:58 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Mamba Monster ESC Problems

I have a MM 2200kV system in my Losi 8ight T 2.0, Powered by 5s 5000mAh 45C Thunder Power Batteries. I run the DX3R system. The system has about a dozen runs on it, lately I have started to notice that I will lose control of my rig for about 2 to 5 seconds, then it returns and all will be good. The issue is intermittent it happens half way through a run, it happened to me at the beggining of my main and it could happen more than once.

Has anyone encountered this issue before?

Is there a solution that I have overlooked?
Old 05-22-2010, 11:58 PM
Tech Initiate

One of my boyz was having the same problem, he stop using da sensors and problem solve. R u using sensors? I'm talking about da temp speed etc sensors BTW
Old 05-23-2010, 07:59 AM
Tech Initiate

I don't use any sensors, the only thing extra is the Transponder.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:24 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

What do you mean "lose control", do you have a runaway situation, or does your rig stop responding? If it is a stop responding situation, do what everyone else has done, including me, and remove the on/off switch and heat-shrink or solder the wires together. That solved my non-responsive issue.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:41 AM
Tech Initiate

The Unit stops responding, again only for 2-5 seconds. I have already removed the on/off switch and sodered the leads together.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:20 AM
Tech Addict

This sounds like your Spektrum is going into failsafe. Have you had it happen when you are close enbough to see any LED's in the car? Or can you hear if the ESC is doing another arming chime? Are you using a high power steering servo?

You may need to add a "glitch buster" capacitor to your RX power. Fast high torque servos pull a lot of current, and if your BEC drops even for a second, the RX can lose link and go to fail safe until it re-aquires. On the Spektrum, the fail safe position is set when you bind it. So in most cases it will go to straight steering and neutral throttle. Not sure which RX you have, on my cheapo SR3000, the green LED goes out when it loses link.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:38 PM
Tech Initiate

I have not been able to be near the vehicle when it has done it. I was thinking along that same line, with the reciver power. I do run a high power steering servo. I will pick-up a cap for the reciver, is there one better than another. I can get a hold of the Spektrum one on short notice. Is there another that may be better? Thanks for the input.