Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Center Diff ? for the Slash 4x4......

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 06:22 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)
Default Center Diff ? for the Slash 4x4......

I got the hv 5.5 and the MMP in my slash 4x4. The problem Im having now is pulling wheelies off the start and coming out of the turns. My question is, What are you guys running for diff fluid in the center diffs, for those people who have the big motors?
Old 05-22-2010, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I am running 100,000wt in mine and it will still wheelie from a standstill but not too bad .
Old 05-22-2010, 10:34 AM
Suspended

I dont want to be popping wheelies. I need to keep the front down on the ground so I can make it around the turn.
Old 05-22-2010, 10:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Steve Slayden (Traxxas R&D guy) says to use at least 50,000 . It all depends on your driving style and the track you run on .

Mine doesnt wheelie in the dirt , I was talking on the street .
Old 05-22-2010, 10:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

Glad to see the motor/ESC combo is working well. Guess I was wrong in needing the 5.5mm bullets.
Old 05-22-2010, 10:59 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Neu_Racer
Glad to see the motor/ESC combo is working well. Guess I was wrong in needing the 5.5mm bullets.
LOL, It is working great for me. Last night was my first race with it. Its running pretty hot though. Im gonna try some new stuff for next week with the timing on it. I just need to figure out my setup now. Last night, the track was pretty tacky and at the starts and coming out of the turns, it was popping wheelies. Its pretty hard to turn when your front wheels are in the air, LOL.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:08 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by diesel32x
LOL, It is working great for me. Last night was my first race with it. Its running pretty hot though. Im gonna try some new stuff for next week with the timing on it. I just need to figure out my setup now. Last night, the track was pretty tacky and at the starts and coming out of the turns, it was popping wheelies. Its pretty hard to turn when your front wheels are in the air, LOL.
2 pole motors like the Novak HV don't like advanced timing, I have the exact same setup and advancing the timing only causes extra heat. Set the timing to 0 degrees and run smart sense. Also the center diff is only meant for 2s (not sure if your running 2s or 3s), if you run 3s you will melt the center diff. There is a warning on the center diff package that says for 2s use only.

In reality the 5.5T novak on 3s is way more power then you need on a track. If you are having problems with wheelies try turning up the punch control or laying off the trigger
Old 05-22-2010, 01:14 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by jasons9
2 pole motors like the Novak HV don't like advanced timing, I have the exact same setup and advancing the timing only causes extra heat. Set the timing to 0 degrees and run smart sense. Also the center diff is only meant for 2s (not sure if your running 2s or 3s), if you run 3s you will melt the center diff. There is a warning on the center diff package that says for 2s use only.
Yeah, I only run a 2s lipo. I do have a heat issue but Im trying something new with that for next week. The main problem I have with mine now is its popping wheelies. The center diff isnt work the way its suppose to. The question is, with people that have the setup like I have, what are you running for diff fluid in your center diff? My gearing is 52 spur and 15 pinion.