Vintage Trinity Stickers -- HELP!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vintage Trinity Stickers -- HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 10:22 PM
Tech Adept

Default Vintage Trinity Stickers -- HELP!

Hey Guys,

Back in the late 80's and early 90's before I started running for AE/Reedy, I ran for Trinity. Over the past year, I have been gathering all the parts to re-create the Yokomo 834B I was running when I first became sponsored by Trinity.

Here's the glitch...I no longer have any of the original Trinity stickers that had the three lined circles on the left of the Trinity logo (to reproduce my body paint scheme). Any of you guys happen to have an old white (preferable) or black Trinity sticker sheet deep in the caverns of your RC room?

I would gladly buy them and pay for shipping.

Also looking for the GOLD Hot Trick rear chassis brace for the 834B!

Thanks!
Old 05-22-2010, 06:00 AM
Tech Adept

Edit
Old 05-22-2010, 06:03 AM
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara
Old guy here...dog fighter 834B...man, memories...I wish I didn't sell mine 20 years ago, I really want one back. Saw one on ebay for like $1500 NIB...want it, but I kinda want to keep my $1500 as welll...LOL

BTW..I think I saw the GOLD rear chassis brace from ebay, you are talking abou that rear roll cage that mount the rear shocks right..?

Have you tried search GOOGLE for the image of the Trinity logo vector image then send to the printer and make couple sheets..? I know we have local racer that can do custom decal for like $15-20 a sheet, not too bad...I did that for F1.

Thanks Solara! I grew up in Chicago...going to Al's Hobby every Saturday morning in preparation for Sunday's racing with Dieter, Jones, Swanson...ah the fond memories! Yes, the 834B I have now was not cheap to gather! Brand new 834B Yokomo kit, Delta graphite chassis, Delta shocks, CRP shock mounts, JG bumper, 1200mah Sanyos, Trinity Monster Horsepower, Proline 109 tires, Bolink Funco body, etc., just like we used to run them! Still trying to track down one of the old Delta speedos...

No, the gold Hot Trick rear chassis brace just made the rear chassis stiffer and held the hot trick cables that actually prevented the arms from flexing outward and dropping the dogbones. I attached a photo. Shocks still mounted to the aluminum rollbar in the middle of the chassis.

As for the stickers, thanks for the recommendation. I plan to go that route if I cannot find some originals. When I go diggin' in my RC room, I know I find some relics, so I am hoping someone out there does the same.

Photo below is what I need (other than the Trinity stickers)
Attached Thumbnails Vintage Trinity Stickers -- HELP!-yokomo-hot-trick-rear-brace-2.jpg  
Old 05-23-2010, 03:02 PM
Tech Adept

TTT
Old 05-23-2010, 03:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Do you have a picture of the logo? I can recreate it for you.
Old 05-23-2010, 03:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Have you been over to rc10talk.com they are a great wealth of info for all the vintage stuff. Good place to ask as well
Old 05-23-2010, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Thumbs up

John, join us over at RC10talk.com. We have guys recreating vintage decals and there is even a re-pop of the original SE RPS bodies from the ORIGINAL mold available.

I may have some black and white original Trinity decals that I won't use on my original RC10 gold tub project that I'm working on. I remember your old Yok and Cox Scorpion, too. Do I get bonus points?

doug
Old 05-23-2010, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Oh, by the way, I have already done the artwork for the original Trinity decal sheet...

Old 05-23-2010, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Looks good, that would have been an easy one.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:53 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks All! I appreciate the responses!

Those look great!

Yes, Doug, you get bonus points for remembering the old Yok and Scorpion! I just found some old magazine photos of the Scorpion out at JORROCC...and I have a re-created version of that one too. And found some photos of the Yok at the first RCHTA show. (maybe at the Odeum?) Not sure what kind of nostalgia got into me lately, but recalling the good old days has been fun. And I now have a fleet of brand spankin' new shelf queens! LOL

If you shoot me a PM with your number I can call you later in the week.

Best,

John
Old 05-23-2010, 08:59 PM
Tech Adept

Oh by the way...

Doug, is that RC10 photo showing current condition? The nylon looks REALLY WHITE!!! I have several original RC10's now, and they are brand new, but my white is not nearly that white...so I was thinking about RIT dyeing them white just to see if I can brighten them up like yours. Bleach did not work.

How did you get them so white?

(A chemist friend explained how air and UV rays actually change the chemical composition of the nylon...)
Old 05-23-2010, 09:04 PM

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lebatek
Thanks All! I appreciate the responses!

Those look great!

Yes, Doug, you get bonus points for remembering the old Yok and Scorpion! I just found some old magazine photos of the Scorpion out at JORROCC...and I have a re-created version of that one too. And found some photos of the Yok at the first RCHTA show. (maybe at the Odeum?) Not sure what kind of nostalgia got into me lately, but recalling the good old days has been fun. And I now have a fleet of brand spankin' new shelf queens! LOL

If you shoot me a PM with your number I can call you later in the week.

Best,

John
hey guys i got a twister lathe i want to sell that yes in good shape ??
Old 05-23-2010, 10:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default wow

WOW Im old. I remember drooling over that Rc10 and the Yokomo was the formula one of rc back then. I was around 16 I had the tamya F150 and then came the Scorpion I drooled over that too. I used to rewind my own motors back then. Keep it up guys Id love to see the picks =)
Old 05-24-2010, 05:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Need orginals that are still in the orginal packaging. Go to the Electric on-road site with the same title under BullFrog response.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:19 AM
Tech Adept

Yes, I posted this in off-road AND on-road forum, since in many states I race, the two groups of racers have significant mutually exclusive segments.

BullFrog does have some great vintage decals. Check them out in the on-road thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.