Wiki Posts
Search

Electric 4wd buggy

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2004, 06:25 PM
Tech Adept

Default Electric 4wd buggy

Hey guys,

I've been using road cars now for a while. Just recently a in-door off road track opened in my area and now I want into that hobby. I've been using the TC3 now for a bit and I was surprised to see that Associated doesn't have a 4wd electric buggy. Am I missing something here? Is Team Losi and Yokomo the only ones that make these? I'd like a Associated buggy because all my screws and tools would fit.

If you had to buy a new 4wd buggy right now what would it be?
If I'm buying a 2wd it'll be a associated for sure. But which one?

So I'd like 2 pieces of advice. First which 4wd and which associated 2wd.

Thanks guys.

Eric.
Old 05-08-2004, 06:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

2w = ftb4, due out this month. all the carbon components, revised steering parts (vs. initial production run). i'll have one myself as soon as they come out.

4w = losi xxx4g+ is about the only popular game in town. it has all the doo-dads except for the front one-way. expensive, but VERY happy with mine (which was a non g+, but upgraded).
Old 05-08-2004, 06:52 PM
Tech Adept

Default Associated 4wd buggy

Why is it that a company like Team Associated doesn't have a 4wd buggy? It doesn't make any sence to me.

Eric.
Old 05-08-2004, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Straight from the horse's mouth, AE decided there isn't enough of a market for one.

They said the same thing about the Mini-T.

www.jconcepts.com is working on producing a 4wd B4-based vehicle, and have been accepting pre-orders for a while now.
Old 05-09-2004, 06:28 AM
Tech Adept

ttt
Old 05-09-2004, 03:48 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

There are other options in 4wd. If you want, you can build your own TC3-O. It is a conversion you can buy that will convert a TC3 into an offroad vehicle and I heard it works pretty good.

Also, a conversion for the XX-4 is coming out that will change it to a single belt drive. This should correct the main problem with the XX-4s. Most people seem to prefer the handling of the XX-4 than the XXX-4 in the rough sections.

A dark horse vehicle that I am looking at is the Academy SB Sport Buggy. This buggy goes for $199 direct from MRC. Talking to the guys in Europe who are running it, it is pretty durable and a competent racer. If MRC really promotes this buggy and gets shops to carry the parts, they could have a winner.

I get lots of different views on the Yokomo buggy, some good, some bad.

As for the BJ4x4, looks great, but most likely will be priced very high ( $500 dollars ). To me a vehicle has to match the cost of the XXX-4 GP to have a chance.