Wiki Posts
Search

HPI Blitz ESE Broken

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 10:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs down HPI Blitz ESE Broken

I just wanted to share my frustration with the Blitz ESE kit. I thought that I was upgrading from the RTR Blitz to the ESE, and after waiting for this kit to arrive, spending several hours building it, I am completely disappointed!!! I have had several broken parts on this kit since getting it on the track a couple of weeks ago.
After breaking the chassis into two pieces right before my main today I sold it and will not ever go back! I have done some research and it sounds like the ESE kits have extremely brittle plastic and have issues with the chassis breaking!! I do not recommend this kit to ANYONE!! The RTR kit is a much more durable kit.
Attached Thumbnails HPI Blitz ESE Broken-arm2.jpg   HPI Blitz ESE Broken-top-plate.jpg   HPI Blitz ESE Broken-arm.jpg   HPI Blitz ESE Broken-photo-3-.jpg   HPI Blitz ESE Broken-photo-2-.jpg  

Old 05-16-2010, 10:54 PM
Tech Rookie

They should have sent one To You to crash test before production I have seen lots of broken parts already at the track. The ESE is way stiffer. Maybe to stiff.
Old 05-16-2010, 11:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Old 05-17-2010, 01:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

hehehe

so my slash will beat a blitz... just gotta run it over a few times

LOL
Old 05-17-2010, 01:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

This is sad indeed. I was contemplating on getting this kit but our club only allows RTR and ARTR to run in our spec class. HPI should have done their homework first before releasing it. Expectations are running high because of all the hype and such in their marketing campaign in promoting this kit.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:56 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have to agree that this kit has some of the weakest plastic I have seen.
I had the RTR kit before this, I bashed that thing to no end! For months it got around the track and was as close to indestructible as you can get! I was surprised how well it held up.
Then I get the ESE and no joke I barely touch the pipe not even enough to spin the car out or anything and that top plate broke. I was actually adjusting my steering so I was not even trying to go fast!
I barely hit a jump and the arm broke.
And literally I hit a smaller triple landed upside down and the chassis broke! This car reminds me a lot of the quality of the plastics on the HB Cyclone. Where when you touch anything with it the thing breaks.
Maybe it would not be so disappointing if the RTR kit had been a pile, but when they release something that is supposed to be better quality that is what you expect right?
Old 05-18-2010, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Unhappy

Wow!!!! I have a RTR Blitz that I've done the radio, servo, and brushless esc/motor conversion and was thinking about getting the ESE. But, since the ESE kit is having all these issues and the RTR is almost bullitt-proof, I think I will stick with the RTR chassis and just upgrade to the titanium stuff and new slipper from the ESE and if I get another one, it will probably be another RTR kit.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Cost
Durability
Performance

Pick any two.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JLock
Wow!!!! I have a RTR Blitz that I've done the radio, servo, and brushless esc/motor conversion and was thinking about getting the ESE. But, since the ESE kit is having all these issues and the RTR is almost bullitt-proof, I think I will stick with the RTR chassis and just upgrade to the titanium stuff and new slipper from the ESE and if I get another one, it will probably be another RTR kit.
I'm with you...
I got my ESE builded but not yet touch the ground. After hear all those broken issue, I'm selling all the white plastics on ebay now & keep all other goodies... will get back to RTR after I got the $$$.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Dude i am soo dissapointed and heated with this p.o.s. blitz ese. first time driving it i rolled every jump at the track for about five laps, then started to hit the little jumps, during the second lap of jumping i cased one little jump and the F'n chassis broke in the rear in the same place as yours! some b.s.! a brand new just assembeled truck. none of the screws were overtightened, etc. BLITZ ESE IS A PIECE OF JUNK! i knew i should have gotten a ft sc10!
Old 01-18-2011, 11:22 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

SoCal lay off the 420, you have 3 post's in a year and you post in a thread that's been dead since May???? You're right about buying a FT SC10 though
Old 01-19-2011, 05:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

No damage on my Blitz ESE yet, knock on wood. I bash my ESE on skate board ramps, then take it to my local hard packed clay track, clip pipes, barrel roll it, case jumps, but she's stood my abuse test just fine. My only complaint is the ball diff, with any sort of BL power it slips no matter how loose the slipper is set. I'm wondering if HPI has had a bad batch of plastics lately seeing some of these posts on cracked chassis.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

The only damage has been a ball stud. I've raced mine seen the beginning of the summer and have had alot of bad hits on it. Now that I typed this you know what's gonna happen next.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)

i raced 3 Blitz ESE yes the Chassis Do break.

I NEVER broke an a arm though

i did how ever break the Rear bumper mount/shocktower brace that also mounts the body mounts.

and a front hub.

Replaced the rear brace with the Black one and Rpm Knuckles and the truck was Pretty Dialed after that. its for sale now by a buddy of mine! vr6cj!
Old 01-19-2011, 05:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I'm wondering if boiling the chassis will soften it up a bit. Its an old trick we used do to hard plastic parts, especially onroad a-arms, to keep them from breaking. FYI, the SC10 chassis is known to break as well around the front servo/kickup area. I've owned 5 different types these SC trucks the last 2yrs none were perfect.

FYI: Just read over on rcshortcourse that there was an issue in the manufacturing process with the chassis and some white parts on the ESE. Most of the guys on those boards who broke a chassis called HPI and got the new replacement version for free! Pretty good CS if you ask me.

Last edited by hobbipro; 01-20-2011 at 04:05 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.