Wiki Posts
Search

AKA ENDURO SC TIRES????

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 09:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default AKA ENDURO SC TIRES????

So i have a hyper 10sc and have been looking at my next set of tires...
what do you guys think of the enduro tires...
i would like to try the enduro tires in rear and calibers in front ...
by the way i run in a small/medium track, bumpy and medium traction..

my second option is bowties in rear and calibers in front....
what do you guys think>>??
Old 05-15-2010, 11:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Enduro's all the way around. They are a great tire and I have had them for a couple of weeks. They come with really good foams as well.
Old 05-16-2010, 04:50 AM
Tech Champion

How well do the Enduros work on hardpacked dry clay that gets dusty?

Soft Gridirons are the hot ticket here in 1/8th scale. Wish I could run those in sct! I think the M3 Calibers might be better?

Last edited by Zerodefect; 05-17-2010 at 07:28 PM.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
How well do the Enduros work on hardpacked dry clay that gets dusty? The water lines at our track quit working. So we can only blow the track off.

Soft Gridirons are the hot ticket here in 1/8th scale. Wish I could run those! I think the M3 Calibers might be better?
If you mean Classic, I ran SCT Super-Soft Enduros on my Hyper10SC yesterday and they were dialed. The truck is just stupid fast now between those tires and a new setup I tried. In e-scale, I ran HB red Megabites and they were dialed, but I didn't try Soft Gridirons. GeorgeB burned through a set of Super Soft Gridirons in about 5 runs, the track was rather hard on tires.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:04 PM
Tech Regular

Default ?????

anyone else have any experience with these tires... (enduros)
Old 05-17-2010, 12:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Great on lightly dusty hard packed tracks also on loamy tracks, they offer good side and killer foward bite.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Three words... Awesome, awesome, awesome. I run on hard packed and tried them twice, both time was amazed. I ran calibers before, this are my new favorites. Had so much traction had to reset up my truck to stop traction rolling.

Old 05-17-2010, 06:29 PM
Tech Initiate

anyone using these with Proline beadlocks ?
Old 05-17-2010, 06:35 PM
Tech Regular

Default proline beadlocks...

I have those proline beadlocks... and i hated them... but then again... thats when i was bashing... not racing and i was running a 3cell so i kept popping the bead off the lock... now that im racing i preffer gluing tires.. just my opinion ... i guess it depends on what you what youre going to do with them>>>
Old 05-17-2010, 06:37 PM
Tech Addict

I used a set yesterday on a hard packed loose surface and I was traction rolling a bit great tire.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:27 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Stealth_RT
If you mean Classic, I ran SCT Super-Soft Enduros on my Hyper10SC yesterday and they were dialed. The truck is just stupid fast now between those tires and a new setup I tried. In e-scale, I ran HB red Megabites and they were dialed, but I didn't try Soft Gridirons. GeorgeB burned through a set of Super Soft Gridirons in about 5 runs, the track was rather hard on tires.
Thanks. I was looking at the m4 Calibers but would rather run Aka since they allready come with the right foam.

I'm saving my 1/8th scale SS Gridirons for something special, I usually run medium.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork
Three words... Awesome, awesome, awesome. I run on hard packed and tried them twice, both time was amazed. I ran calibers before, this are my new favorites. Had so much traction had to reset up my truck to stop traction rolling.
I am in the market for new tires on my 4wdSC... thanks for the heads up Brunch.

Had no idea R2 ran them... never going slow enough to get a good look at his tire choices.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by omarsez
I have those proline beadlocks... and i hated them... but then again... thats when i was bashing... not racing and i was running a 3cell so i kept popping the bead off the lock... now that im racing i preffer gluing tires.. just my opinion ... i guess it depends on what you what youre going to do with them>>>
I only use them on my jammin for racing (it's so heavy, i'm not worried about a bit more weight)...running the havoc pro/4.5hv/2s setup...loving slash fronts so far..no issues with the bead coming off.....just not sure if the aka's will fit right...I just went ahead ordered some..if they dont work i'll just glue em on my sc10
Old 05-21-2010, 07:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I have these on my 2wd slash and I really like them I run at LRH Hobbies in Placentia. I did try the calibers in the back and really like them too. Calibers have a little more bite, though.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:46 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Enduros Soft vs Super Soft

Are the green dots in photos AKA soft or super soft, couldn't find on-line if AKA rated soft as M3? Would you guys recommend running the super soft on high grip clay or is soft better all around. I'm wondering if the black closed cell inserts will work better as a combination with the super soft since the denser foam would offset the softer sidewalls on the super soft tires, which would make for a stiffer tire?

What kind of wear are you guys getting on the super softs? Would like to know if I should get soft or super soft or both for varying conditions, trying to stick with one version to save on cost and to keep my kit simple.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.