Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sent three servos in for repair

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 06:47 PM
Tech Adept

Default Sent three servos in for repair

Sent three servos in for repair. Two recent models to Futaba and one slightly older to JR/Horizon. Recieved a call from futaba that both were "unrepairable" and that they would gladly sell me new ones for $60.00 each. These were $75.00 servos mail order. They both needed potentiometers and a gear supposedly.

JR/Horizon didn't call. They just repaired the servo, which by the way needed potentiometer and gear also, and shipped it fedex. Have already recieved it free of charge!

Needless to say...........just sayin
Old 05-15-2010, 06:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I wonder how Airtronics, Hitec, and Ace compare?
Old 05-15-2010, 06:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ace servos are AE servos and vice versa... I have heard nothing but good about the 1015 ace.
Old 05-15-2010, 06:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by quadracer111
Ace servos are AE servos and vice versa... I have heard nothing but good about the 1015 ace.
I'm talking about service, not performance.
Old 05-15-2010, 06:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hmmm, I've never had to have a Futaba servo repaired......

I have had to repair all other brand servos I've had, except Hitec, those just go in the trash, and I kick myself for buying them in the first place.

I'm just sayin.....
Old 05-15-2010, 06:56 PM
Tech Adept

Last time I used hitec they sent me new 625mgs free of charge.
Old 05-15-2010, 07:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hitec is all I buy. Their customer service is EXCELLENT. I have sent in servos for repair for stripped gears, and blown circuit boards, and they always came back repaired, no questions asked and no cost. The only cost is that of shipping the servos to get serviced.
Old 05-15-2010, 07:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MMor101
I'm talking about service, not performance.
My bad
Old 05-15-2010, 07:16 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Bike racer
Hmmm, I've never had to have a Futaba servo repaired......

I have had to repair all other brand servos I've had, except Hitec, those just go in the trash, and I kick myself for buying them in the first place.

I'm just sayin.....
If Futaba servos are that reliable, and they probably are, than its all the more pathetic to pull the above mentioned antics. Just repair the servo at a fair price. All anyone expects...
Old 05-15-2010, 07:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

VERY few places will you get something fixed and shipped for free. I don't think futuba is outta line, just be happy horizon is really cool about fixing stuff.

Horizon is awesome at not charging for stuff WE screw up, I sent in a rcvr that i messed up in a heli crash that was totally my fault and they fixed it for free. I also stripped a sevro in the same crash, I didn't even think about sending it in.
Old 05-15-2010, 07:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

my experience with futaba has been if it is a current servo, they have no problem fixing it, but if the servo is an older generation or has been replaced with a newer model, it is deemed "un-reparable" and you must buy the newer one from them. . . . . they did give me a nice credit when mine were sent in
Old 05-16-2010, 06:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Unfortunately some manufacturers sell their product to the distributors without warranty and the distributor does their own warranty for an extra couple of points off the product price.

It is left up to the distributor not manufacturer to honor the warranty. This is why quite often the repairs on a $210 product will be $155 and they will send you a new product. You will also see this if their is a minimum repair price, again usually the distributors cost on the product. All they did is sell you one at their cost and there was no real warranty or even a deal. This is also why you will hear people in Europe rave about how good the support is and people in NA say how it sucks. Not the manufacturer, the distributor.

Just the way it is.
Old 05-16-2010, 07:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

First of all I have never had to send a Futaba in for service and except for repairs I do myself, stripped gears or broken cases, they have bee the most reliable servos I own. So I do not know how good their service is. (I still have working Futaba servos that are 20 years old.)

I can't say that for JR/Horizon, every one I owned (except for one z590m) has failed and none ever replaced or repaired for free. They did give me a good price to buy a new one at 20% below street price. I passed and bought more Futabas for the same price.

Hitec service is great but if the servo is too old or no longer in production they too will charge to repair or replace if unrepairable.

I have no experience with the other brands service.
Old 05-16-2010, 07:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

JR has great customer service along with reliable products and the only servos I will buy .
Old 05-16-2010, 07:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

JR/Horizon must have changed their service policy since five or six years ago. I just felt bad that the most expensive servo I ever bought at that time fried within the warranty period and they only offered to "replace" it at a reduced price.