Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi xxx-cr vs associated b4

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 03:09 AM
Tech Adept

Default Losi xxx-cr vs associated b4

Been looking at both kits and determing the more solid buy. Was set and bound on the losi but now that look im not seeing much difference other then a few one being the gear ratio for the losi is 2.43 and the associated being 2.6 Parts on the associated is cheaper and parts on the losi offcourse is higher some times the price tag can tell alot then again sometimes I fill a person falls into the hype of a certain paticular brand. Could anyone give some solid facts on either buggy that could help? Thanks.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kodiakbear7070
Been looking at both kits and determing the more solid buy. Was set and bound on the losi but now that look im not seeing much difference other then a few one being the gear ratio for the losi is 2.43 and the associated being 2.6 Parts on the associated is cheaper and parts on the losi offcourse is higher some times the price tag can tell alot then again sometimes I fill a person falls into the hype of a certain paticular brand. Could anyone give some solid facts on either buggy that could help? Thanks.
I've seen the pros and cond on both. Get the factory team b4.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

I've had both and I feel more consistent with the Losi. The B4 was fast, but the handling was right on the bleeding edge it seemed (it felt "twitchy"). One time it would be OK in a corner then the next time through, with no perceptible change in the way I was driving, it would hook. The Losi has been far more stable and consistent for me.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:42 AM
Tech Regular

Both are very capable race cars. At our track the B4s are a bit faster, but not by much... Between the two, the real difference willl be the driver. Choose the one you prefer and then work on learning to drive and set it! You'll be just as fast as other drivers with the other brand...
Old 05-14-2010, 04:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Get an RC10 and learn to drive it! It has the best corner speed of all buggies, the best differential and soon to have the best shocks Most importantly looks the best Just make sure your wrenching the night before a race is over before midnight, because it does require a good nights rest to wheel it properly
Old 05-14-2010, 04:51 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kodiakbear7070
The Losi is more stable-but doesn't turn as well as the AE . The B4 is more twitchy which makes for better turning, and of course less stable. So, you're driving will decide which car is more of a handful. I liked my AE, but I really never got my CR exact either. What kind of parts does the LHS stock? I would suggest a third brand, but you seem set on these two.. good luck...
Old 05-14-2010, 05:02 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default B4

I have a B4, I would recommend it to anyone wanting a 2wd 10 scale. Very quick and consistent and with the right setup and driver very easy to drive. Parts avaliablity is going to be better on the B4 than the losi by a long shot. Just my 2 cents!
Old 05-14-2010, 05:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

They are both great cars for sure. They are well designed, handle great, and are for the most part pretty durable. But, the main thing is parts availability. Just about every LHS has parts for either or both. I bring this up because there are other buggies out there that are just as good, like the Kyosho RB-5. The RB-5 is an awesome car, in fact its handling characteristics are often described as being right in between the XXX-CR and the B4. But, getting parts is a little bit more difficult.

I have driven both the Losi and the AE. The Losi has more natural under-steer than the AE. But, both cars can be set up to accommodate many driving styles, which is probably another reason why they are both so popular. If you can, try them both. Just remember, you are going to have a blast either way you go.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Go with the Losi, you can make them as responsive or mild as you want. Folks say the Losi pushes, but I much rather push than hook any day!

The Losi is more forgiving and for me forgiving equals consistent laps, not one really fast lap!
Old 05-14-2010, 06:34 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by synap2012
Go with the Losi, you can make them as responsive or mild as you want. Folks say the Losi pushes, but I much rather push than hook any day!

The Losi is more forgiving and for me forgiving equals consistent laps, not one really fast lap!
I agree, driving with a push is generally better. I actually have my B4 set up to drive with more under-steer for that very reason.
Old 05-14-2010, 06:55 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

I spent time running both this year. Want to buy my Factory Team B4?
Old 05-14-2010, 08:28 AM
Tech Adept

How much diffrence is the factory b4 vs the other b4 cause ive noticed a few responces saying get the factory out of the two.

stering servo any recomandations for either one as far as losi does better with this one and the associate does better with that one?
Old 05-14-2010, 09:09 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Factory car has titanuim turnbuckles, all grapite plastics (except the chassis), threaded shock collars, upgraded shock shafts, aluminum servo mounts (there are a TON of good servos, Futaba 9452 is particularly nice), lightened diff outdrives.

Am I missing anything?

The Losi car is Factory team level spec, they do not offer the car in a downgraded spec.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:33 AM
Tech Addict

You can't go wrong with either. I feel the Losi has more rear traction and the AE has more steering. It really comes down to driving style and what your LHS carries for parts.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

I had driven Losi for many years; then ran a B 4. Sold all my Losi stuff and have never looked back. B 4 is right on the edge and that is how a car is fast. The factory setup has worked at every track I have run it at. I would go with B 4.

I have now switched to the X Factory X-6 with the Associated Shocks and this is a great car. The motor in front of the tranny and four gear tranny make this car launch like a rocket and it turns better than XXX or B 4; but with motor in front of the tranny the rear end does not swing out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.