Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Venom 450 rc dirtbike

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 01:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

From what I understand the Duratraxx is a lot better. Plus you never know what's going to happen with Venom. Their parts are always on backorder or discontinued.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Driver86
From what I understand the Duratraxx is a lot better. Plus you never know what's going to happen with Venom. Their parts are always on backorder or discontinued.
Wow 6 posts. You don't happen to work for Duratrax do you? The Venom bike will be alot better than the Duratrax and part support will be great as always.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by drew840
Who want's popcorn ???

The Hobby King bike looks like an exact replica of the Duratrax bike that is already out...

(Just trying to get back to talk of the bike )
I was thinking that exact same thing.

The bike does look pretty fun to play with though.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mharlow
Wow 6 posts. You don't happen to work for Duratrax do you? The Venom bike will be alot better than the Duratrax and part support will be great as always.
So I guess you started with 400 posts and never had 6 or even 1?

Listen kid. I've been into this stuff for over a 15 years and I call it like I see it. Venom is just barely a step above the cheap Chinese stuff like Wind Hobby and Redcatracing. In fact a lot of their stuff actually is the cheap Chinese stuff just relabled and priced 3-5x as much. Try gaining some knowledge instead of spamming 500 posts flaming other people who are actually dropping some science, son.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

A Main just updated the site and added that

"This product will be in stock on Tuesday, June 22, 2010"

Choice of Green, Red and Blue

Nice can't wait to see this thing go.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Listen kid. I've been into this stuff for over a 15 years and I call it like I see it. Venom is just barely a step above the cheap Chinese stuff like Wind Hobby and Redcatracing. In fact a lot of their stuff actually is the cheap Chinese stuff just relabled and priced 3-5x as much. Try gaining some knowledge instead of spamming 500 posts flaming other people who are actually dropping some science, son.

Have I ever met you at a World Titles event. Be sure to say hello at the next one.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I think when it comes down to this bike - that Venom really did their homework...

even on the Duratrax website all it says about the DX450 is how fun it's gonna be to drive, and that it will go uphill and junk... not much technical info at all.

Sure some of the parts are guaranteed !!!

But I dont think many people consider Duratrax vehicles as competitive. It's more like something you buy your kid at the hobby store after you just dropped $600 on a Mugen.

Creative and cool, maybe.... but I think I'll wait for the Venom.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mharlow
I don't find this post rude or derogatory in any way. I would have said the same thing to someone with 10 posts !!!!

He wasn't flaming you.

and what science are you dropping... were all giving our opinions here...

Chill out !!!!
Old 05-19-2010, 05:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Check this!

http://www.facebook.com/venomgroup#!...0590975&ref=mf
Old 05-19-2010, 05:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

I think when it comes down to this bike - that Venom really did their homework...

even on the Duratrax website all it says about the DX450 is how fun it's gonna be to drive, and that it will go uphill and junk... not much technical info at all.

Sure some of the parts are guaranteed !!!

But I dont think many people consider Duratrax vehicles as competitive. It's more like something you buy your kid at the hobby store after you just dropped $600 on a Mugen.

Creative and cool, maybe.... but I think I'll wait for the Venom.
At least you can get parts for it. Until Venom can show that they can reliably ship and support a product then they're no better than the cheap Chinese knockoff stuff. The line about Venom having great parts support is just a flat out lie. They can't keep anything stocked and can't meet ship dates or fill orders.

Get what you want, I'll not caution you or speak any further on the matter.

Last edited by Driver86; 05-19-2010 at 06:04 AM.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:12 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

At least you can get parts for it. Until Venom can show that they can reliably ship and support a product then they're no better than the cheap Chinese knockoff stuff. The line about Venom having great parts support is just a flat out lie. They can't keep anything stocked and can't meet ship dates or fill orders.

Thats odd, I can get any part I need for my GPV-1 from tower hobbies. If they do the same with the VMX450 I don't see parts support as an issue. Venom has changed for the better. I don't know what the last Venom vehicle you had that had no parts support, but the one thing I have purchased from them has been fine. Also I can talk to Kendall Bennet (you might have heard of his site, it's ah, what is it? Oh yeah amainhobies.com) and make sure that they get all the parts for the VMX450. Parts availablity when a new kit is released is an issue for most manufactures, remember when the B44 came out? When a vehicle is going through test you may not break a certain part through the entire test cycle, then you release the kit with a limited number of spare parts available and Joe basher does unspeakable things to your creation, and something fails. This story plays out with every basher out there, then all of a sudden you have a "weak" part that nobody can get a replacement for. When the GPV-1 came out people were having trouble with the front forks breaking. Guess what my GPV-1 still has all of the original fork parts on it, of course I didn't run my bike into immovable objects at speed.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Hi SON (If I use you logic - I am your father - cause I have been racing since 1977). I would suggest son, that you have a spoon of glue with your cheerious and keep your mouth closed if you have nothing constructive to add to the original question that was asked. And I have to say - with your "drop some science" comment - the only thing you have dropped son is what everyone does on the can every morning............

Time in the hobby doesn't mean squat. The way you present yourself and treat others is most often how you will get respect and be listened to and appreciated.

Your comments about Venom are unwarranted. The Bike hasn't even been released and you are commenting on spare parts and the companies ability to supply parts for a product that doesn't even exist in numbers on shelves yet. Venom international are very quickly approaching and surpassing alot of other brands that have established names in the industry. Things are ramping up and Venom are on the move.

Before you go slamming chinese "knock offs" - have a real good, long hard look at where just about all your prescious products are made - you are going throw up on yourself. The Chinese have the ability to produce anything in just as good a quality as you get anywhere, its just the materials that the brands choose and the quality that they want that makes some products look and feel a little cheaper sometimes.

Now - having said all that, the bike looks great, I know that the product has been delayed, and it has been for good reason. Venom were not satisfied with some of the mouldings and materials. This shows that Venom are serious about bringing a decent, robust and reliable product to the market - that surely builds confidence.

Really looking forward to getting mine - been dying to try one for ages - but they have either been way to expensive or rubbish quality.

Cheers

Darryn

Last edited by RETRO R/C; 05-19-2010 at 06:17 PM.