Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
LOOKING TO GET BACK INTO R/C RACING. WHAT IS THE BEST SHORT COURSE TRUCK FOR CARPET? >

LOOKING TO GET BACK INTO R/C RACING. WHAT IS THE BEST SHORT COURSE TRUCK FOR CARPET?

LOOKING TO GET BACK INTO R/C RACING. WHAT IS THE BEST SHORT COURSE TRUCK FOR CARPET?

Old 05-06-2010, 04:42 PM
Tech Rookie

Default LOOKING TO GET BACK INTO R/C RACING. WHAT IS THE BEST SHORT COURSE TRUCK FOR CARPET?

HELLO EVERYONE,

I'M NEW TO THE SHORT COURSE WORLD. I HAVE RACED OVAL ALL MY LIFE AND DON'T KNOW WHAT TRUCK IS THE BEST BUY FOR THE MONEY.

I'M GONNA RACE INDOORS ON A CARPET SHORT COURSE. THE TRUCKS HAVE TO BE COMPLETLY STOCK OUT OF THE BOX. ELECTRONICS AND ALL!!

I WAS TOLD THE "SLASH" WAS THE BEST TRUCK FOR THE MONEY...

BUT THE OTHERS... BLITZ, SC10, STRIKE. RACE THERE AS WELL..

HELP!!!! WHAT DO I DO?? TRAXXAS? BLITZ? SC10?...

THIS IS ON CARPET IN MAINE... LET ME KNOW PLEASE..

THANKS ...

SCOTTIE ----- BULLDOG MOTORSPORTS
Old 05-06-2010, 04:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hey if going to run short course at MAXIMUS I'm pretty sure they only run Slashes you should check with Heath before you buy one . But if they let you run anyone of them I would probably go with the Associated .

http://www.teammaximus.com/
Old 05-06-2010, 04:57 PM
Tech Rookie

THATS THE TRACK!!!

I TALKED TO HIM .. HE SAID SLASH IS THE WAY TO GO... BUT WILL IT COMPETE WITH THE OTHER BRAND TRUCKS..

THEY SEEM A LITTLE BETTER BUILD THEN TRAXXAS.. BUT THEN AGAIN.. I'M ASKING YOU GUYS FOR HELP..

THANKS!!!
Old 05-06-2010, 05:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

hey, turn off the caps lock...

I prefer the Slash, but the Blitz and the Ultima I believe have a bit better handling adjustments...
Old 05-06-2010, 05:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I don't run the SC's so I'm not sure I know the Associated is basically a T4 and that's a really good truck . But you have to look at what everyone is running too if you run a truck no one else has you might be on your own with set ups . Heath is a great guy and wouldn't steer you wrong . Also look at parts availability in your area nothing worse than breaking something and not being able to get parts for it .
Old 05-06-2010, 05:04 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey sorry bout the caps...

just type that way alot!

I've been reading alot about the trucks and want the most durible truck....but the most competive on too. not one that breaks every time it lands from a jump.