Wiki Posts
Search

High voltage slash motor?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 07:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default High voltage slash motor?

I am considering getting a 3 cell lipo to put in my slash and bash around with. What motor is reccomended? i'd prefer one from hobbyking if possible...
Old 05-05-2010, 08:27 PM
Tech Master

I've heard both pros and cons, good and bad, great and rotten about the Traxxas VXL motor/ESC. I have one in one of my Slashes and a CC Mamba Pro 4600 in the other. No problems with either. They both have good customer support and both about the same $$$.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bowl806
I've heard both pros and cons, good and bad, great and rotten about the Traxxas VXL motor/ESC. I have one in one of my Slashes and a CC Mamba Pro 4600 in the other. No problems with either. They both have good customer support and both about the same $$$.
right now i have a cc sidewinder 5700 system in my slash. it gets blazing hot on 2 cell lipo. i was wonderin who makes a good low kv 540 motor
Old 05-08-2010, 06:52 AM
Tech Rookie

Default laugh all you want

i got a traxxas slash with a mamba max pro ESC and a 9000kv motor ahahahahaha its geard rediculously low to keep the motor a lil cooler but let me tell you I HAVE SOO MUCH DAMN FUN WITH THAT THING it beats any nitro truck i race the only problem is you cant run it that long cuz it gets rediculously hot hence why they say not to put these kind of motors in short course trucks ... but fuck that go big or go home plus its all in good fun
Old 05-08-2010, 11:39 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by juviboy77
i got a traxxas slash with a mamba max pro ESC and a 9000kv motor ahahahahaha its geard rediculously low to keep the motor a lil cooler but let me tell you I HAVE SOO MUCH DAMN FUN WITH THAT THING it beats any nitro truck i race the only problem is you cant run it that long cuz it gets rediculously hot hence why they say not to put these kind of motors in short course trucks ... but fuck that go big or go home plus its all in good fun
But with lower kv and higher volts yu get even more fun.