R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 05-10-2010, 05:55 AM   #31
Company Representative
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschenck View Post
will the rotor from the hv fit the 550 ballistic? I figured it would but tower has different part numbers listed and I want to make sure.

I already have an hv 6.5 with a 14mm rotor but figure I might pick up the new design.

thanks
Yes, they are exactly the same. When we released the 540 Ballistics, we renamed the Velociti rotors, which were also identical. With the release of the Ballistic 550, we have renamed the HV rotors. Going forward, we think this reduces confusion for new customers who have never heard of Velocitis or HVs.
NovakTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:13 AM   #32
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovakTwo View Post
Yes, they are exactly the same. When we released the 540 Ballistics, we renamed the Velociti rotors, which were also identical. With the release of the Ballistic 550, we have renamed the HV rotors. Going forward, we think this reduces confusion for new customers who have never heard of Velocitis or HVs.
okay, I thought they would be the same and are, the different part numbers kinda messed me up.
B5, tekin gen2 rs, killshot
Tekno Eb48.2, rx8 gen2, t8i 1950kv
tschenck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:51 AM   #33
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Amain hobby is predicting May 17th for there release date. Do you think this will happen. I'm in need of a motor bad for my Jammin or PE slash. I'm running MMP and Tekin RS PRO

RC8T FT CE TEKIN RX8 and 2250 with 4s Thunder Power 65c 5300mah
Dentman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:16 AM   #34
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
A fellow Irvine-ite, I see...

The Novak factory is at Alton and Armstrong.
Hey, wait a second..... My last name is Irvine. Does that qualify me for a free 550 ballistic ? I have a HV 4.5 BNIB to trade

Jared Irvine
bigend777str is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:24 AM   #35
Company Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschenck View Post
okay, I thought they would be the same and are, the different part numbers kinda messed me up.
Confusing our customers is a top priority....have you studied our new Trade-In Program?
Old 05-10-2010, 09:28 AM   #36
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

When will the 550 Ballistics ship?

I've got one preordered at a-main...
Old 05-10-2010, 09:45 AM   #37
Company Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend777str View Post
Hey, wait a second..... My last name is Irvine. Does that qualify me for a free 550 ballistic ? I have a HV 4.5 BNIB to trade

Jared Irvine
Nice try, but no.

If your name was Jared Corona and you lived in Irvine---maybe, then...
Old 05-10-2010, 09:48 AM   #38
Company Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubilee View Post
When will the 550 Ballistics ship?

I've got one preordered at a-main...
We begin the shipping of the Ballistic 550s (to distributors) the end of this week.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:50 AM   #39
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
We begin the shipping of the Ballistic 550s (to distributors) the end of this week.
Thank you!
Old 05-14-2010, 06:40 AM   #40
Company Representative

Charlie made a video announcement of our sponsorship of the upcoming Short Course Race at WCRC:

Novak Sponsors Short Course Race
Old 06-08-2010, 07:23 PM   #41
Tech Apprentice

So when exactly is the Havoc Pro Sc ESC going to be available.

More precisely, the 3115 system?

I'm just about to pull the plug on a Tekkin system if I'm left hanging much longer...
Revolution2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 02:15 PM   #42
Tech Initiate

Default NOVAK 550 4.5T is 2S ONLY! Novak selling as 3S!

Beware and heads up if you are looking into buying a Novak Ballistic 4.5T 550 Motor. Novak advertises this as a 3S motor and IT IS NOT. A month ago, when I purchased this motor, I asked them about why the HV 4.5 was only a 2S and the 550 4.5T a 3S... in email and over the phone the representatives told me it is a 2s motor and to "drive at my own risk" on 3s, any damages while using under 3s void the warranty. I have attempted to resolve the problem (swap the motor for a 5.5 or 6.5 that can handle 3S, or send me a 5.5/6.5 swap out part) but Novak has completely ignored me.

What is worse, They are still adverstising this motor as 3S, even though they said in past forums the HV 4.5 used to burn up on 3S. They will not remove the advertising, which is false and Illegal. If Novak doesn't resolve the situation, I am contacting the BBB, Consumer Protection Agency, ROAR, and may be forced to take other actions. I have like Novak in the past, but they sold me a motor under false pretences and KNOW about it... and are continuing to do it. This isn't opinion.... it's fact. I have the paperwork to prove it.

Please don't take this as bashing Novak... I'm not. Just know before you buy, spread the word, and ask A LOT of questions.

Thanks

Gabe
Old 06-09-2010, 02:22 PM   #43
Tech Initiate

Default The Novak ballistic 550 4.5T is a 2S motor! Novak Advertises it as 3S!

The novak 550 is a good motor, having run it with the MMPro the last several weeks. It is slower then the vilineon system, though. It could be faster if it were 3S, but the fact it is 2 restricts it a lot. It's very smooth though... it's hard to say that though when people are passing you.

Last edited by spy2jgc; 06-09-2010 at 02:25 PM. Reason: entered in error
spy2jgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 02:28 PM   #44
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Why would you even want to use this motor with 3s? that is just stupid. It makes tons of power on 2s. You just don't have common sense and need to just chill out. That is an awful lof of trouble to put yourself through over a 100 dollar motor. Just save your self the headache and post it up for sale. It will sell quick at 100 and then spend the 20 buck to buy a 6.5 like you should have in the first place. Even better. Sell the 4.5 for 100 and then buy the 6.5 hv refurb from novak for 72$ shipped and smile all day whilst using 3s.

If you don't have enough speed something is wrong with your setup. My 4.5 hv motor was insanely fast on the straight.

check the power here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--ycGB6BDM0

That is 4.5 on 2s with cheat mode enabled on the MMP.
spunkysandoval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 02:41 PM   #45
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunkysandoval View Post
Why would you even want to use this motor with 3s? that is just stupid. It makes tons of power on 2s. You just don't have common sense and need to just chill out. That is an awful lof of trouble to put yourself through over a 100 dollar motor. Just save your self the headache and post it up for sale. It will sell quick at 100 and then spend the 20 buck to buy a 6.5 like you should have in the first place. Even better. Sell the 4.5 for 100 and then buy the 6.5 hv refurb from novak for 72$ shipped and smile all day whilst using 3s.

If you don't have enough speed something is wrong with your setup. My 4.5 hv motor was insanely fast on the straight.

That is 4.5 on 2s with cheat mode enabled on the MMP.
If I want to run it 3S (I haven't) that is my choice and my option.... you drive your truck the way you want, I'll drive mine the way I want to. I was actually interested in running 9.9V LiFe. I'm pointing out to PEOPLE WHO MAY BE PURCHASING THIS MOTOR, it is a 2S motor, NOT a 3S. 2 people at my track bought this motor the same day as I and are having to buy different inserts to lower the KV so the motor accepts 3S. If you want to drive 2S, go for it... I like it myself. Some like 4S. Whatever floats your boat. But when you buy something, you should be able to buy what is advertised, not take it home and find it isn't what it's supposed to be. If the 4.5 had been marketed and sold as a 2s, I would have bought the 5.5 turn.

I'm just putting the truth out there. I like Novak, but company's need to stay true to their values. But I also realize that their are others who follow their faithful brand blindly. I've seen "the setup", 3 different times. It's a great motor. Not what was advertised.

Last edited by spy2jgc; 06-09-2010 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Softened wording, spoke to person who gave response in direct message
spy2jgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links