Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
MRC GV2 PRO 2WD BUGGY >

MRC GV2 PRO 2WD BUGGY

MRC GV2 PRO 2WD BUGGY

Old 05-04-2010, 09:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default MRC GV2 PRO 2WD BUGGY

Is this kit any good? Thoughts? Suggestions?
Old 05-04-2010, 09:43 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

stock up on front bulkheads.

honestly go in another direction. many have tried them our way, and all do not run them now.

R
Old 05-04-2010, 09:53 AM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by phisher
Is this kit any good? Thoughts? Suggestions?
I see your in michigan also. The GV2's like the tracks here. I have placed 3rd 2 years in a row in the MORL series here running a GV2. they like the rougher tracks like the one in Jones ,litchfeild,Pheasant run. I have also done well with them on the hardpacked tracks in the area like proving grounds,AMS,Battlefront. The buggies REALLY like stateline.

For suggesttions check the GV2 thread here on RCtech for a couplle simple mods that take care of the front end fragility that Ultegrasti mentioned.

Overall REALLY stable ,planted car on our tracks here.When the track gets all blown out and others are struggling that's where the gv2 shines.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:32 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I have been running it for about two years and after you get a few things sorted out it is just as capable as any other 2wd buggy. Not to mention that the car only costs $169 at amainhobbies.com. They also have all of the parts that you could need. Most tracks don't stock Academy so you will need to stock up on a few things such as A-arms, hubs, knuckles, ect. Here is the link to the thread about the car. It is 238 pages long, and full of good info on the car. Good luck, and don't hesitate to ask any questions about the car on the other thread. The Academy guys are all like family
Old 05-05-2010, 11:53 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ifuonlyknew
The Academy guys are all like family
Agreed.

I used to run pretty much only AE cars for 1/10 2wd, and the B4 is one of my favorites, but since I tried the GV2 I have been happy with it, and liked its durability enough that 2 of those are what my daughters will be learning to drive with.
Old 12-16-2010, 01:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default New parts for the GV2-T

Hey all, looks like this thread is almost dead. I know that the GV2 and GV2-T kits are not the most popular but I do know that allot of guys are still racing them. Its been along time but we have finally produced some 4mm front and rear shock towers along with a 3mm battery strap for the GV2-T. Some pictures below as well as the link to the parts page:

http://www.diggitydesigns.com/D3_Off..._MRC_GV2T.html

Old 01-01-2011, 07:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I have tons of spare parts for all academy vehicles, willing to let go cheap!! pm or [email protected] any questions, pics available but pretty much have 2 or 3 of everything. Thanks