Wiki Posts
Search

Associated T4.1 Questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 09:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Associated T4.1 Questions

Hey guys, Do you think this would be a good starter truck to get into racing. I've raced before but only stock.
-Is the team t4 kit worth the money extra or would the t4.1 be good to start with?
-What are some upgrades that are needed right away, also what tires would be best for a loose, gravely off road track?
-For anyone who has one is it a good deal? And is it pretty quick stock?
Thanks for your help.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:39 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Most stock classes require a 17.5 BL motor (I don't remember what the 4.1 comes with) so it might not fit into the stock class with the RTR BL motor. personally a FT truck is worth the extra money simply due to the shocks and the 4.1 comes with a gear diff. not a ball diff. oh and titanium turnbuckles too.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:35 PM
Tech Regular

If you want the T4 to race with get the FT Kit. Then put your choice of electronics in. Otherwise you will be replacing the electronics in the RTR and upgrading the shocks and Diff.

Brad
Old 05-01-2010, 12:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

I bought a T4.1 to check out and then parted it off. Honestly, it felt like garbage. I didn't drive it but didn't need to. Everything is cheap plastic, shocks suck, and just not a great feeling truck. Good for the money, but not for racing. If you're on a budget and can't drop $200 for the truck, $200 for electronics, etc then definitely pick one up and upgrade as necessary but if you just don't want to build a kit or want something RTR I'd find something else.
Good luck to ya whatever you choose.
Old 05-01-2010, 03:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Neu_Racer
I bought a T4.1 to check out and then parted it off. Honestly, it felt like garbage. I didn't drive it but didn't need to. Everything is cheap plastic, shocks suck, and just not a great feeling truck. Good for the money, but not for racing. If you're on a budget and can't drop $200 for the truck, $200 for electronics, etc then definitely pick one up and upgrade as necessary but if you just don't want to build a kit or want something RTR I'd find something else.
Good luck to ya whatever you choose.
I didn't drive it but didn't need to....O.K. WOW THE FORCE DOES EXIST AND I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST IN THE MOVIES...
Old 05-01-2010, 06:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

The kits that come RTR have to do something to keep the prices low for the beginner driver to get involved in rc.

The 4.1 is decent, with OK electronics. I believe the motor is somewhere beteween a 13.5 and 17.5, kv wise its 3300, I have one.

The electronics are enough to get the truck driving but are far from competitive, so if your going to race, you will end up replacing them rather quickly.

The FT kit has all of the bells and whistles but they are not necessary. The threaded shocks are the best part of the FT kit, but once you have them adjusted properly you almost never change the setting.

The Team kit is your best bet, all around, as it comes with all of the things you need to race, but you add all of your own electronics. The composite plastic parts are more durable than the carbon composite parts on the factory team truck. So for the difference in price, your better off with the Team Truck and adding your own electronics.

Upgrades for the Team truck would definately be the FT aluminum front hinge pin brace, and or RPM front a arms.

With either of the three choices I would reccomend you buying extra front a arms, as on all rc trucks or cars, they usually break when you crash.

The T4 / B4 have been out for quite some time. I have owned several of each truck / buggy, and both FT and Team versions and one rtr sc10. The truck is durable and a good choice in my opinion.
Good Luck
Old 05-01-2010, 07:26 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Cool, Thanks for all the help. So if I were to get the team truck it comes with proline tires right? Are thery ok to race with? What tires do you guys use?
Old 05-01-2010, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt_109
Cool, Thanks for all the help. So if I were to get the team truck it comes with proline tires right? Are thery ok to race with? What tires do you guys use?
The stock tires are good for clay tracks, tires really depend on the surface your running on.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:51 PM
Suspended

Yea i got the rtr 4.1 and ended up replacing all electronics. stock esc to mamba max pro and servo to specktrum 6040
Old 01-27-2011, 02:57 PM
Tech Rookie

The FT is great and with the new castle sidewinder sct combo you can build it on a budget.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

If you can afford to start with the Factory kit its the way to go. Not only do you get all the aluminum and titanium option parts. You also get the V2 shocks and ball diff. I have always found that a properly set ball diff beats the gear diff anyday. Knowing this hobby it gets addicting haha. You will want all these upgrades eventually so just try to start off with them.